Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

I'm gearing up for #pitmad, and I've got the pitch for two YA fantasies. 

Juniper expected an execution, not to become the prince’s magically bound shield, to fall in love with a lawful squire, or to hunt demons through the bowels of the castle. But with her life on the line, she’ll do what it takes to survive. #pitmad #YA #fantasy

Raven dreams of skycities, not running from magic-hunting automatons, underground freedom fighters, or falling for the local rogue, all in the heart of an empire rich in assassins, glittering mansions, and deadly secrets. #pitmad #YA #Fantasy

#2 ajaponte4

ajaponte4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:none. Zero.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

1, I would mention why she expected to be executed. it'll make the rest of the pitch more interesting. For example  Juniper expected an execution for treason, not to become the prince’s magically bound shield, to fall in love with a lawful squire, or to hunt demons through the bowels of the castle. But with her life on the line, she’ll do what it takes to survive. #pitmad #YA #fantasy

Raven dreams of skycities If possible elaborate what is in the skycities and what makes it so different from where she ended up, not running from magic-hunting automatons, underground freedom fighters, or falling for the local rogue, all in the heart of an empire rich in assassins, glittering mansions, and deadly secrets. #pitmad #YA #Fantasy

#3 cmmg

cmmg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

Juniper expected an execution, not to become the prince’s magically bound shield, to fall in love with a lawful squire, (I feel like around here things get muddles and it becomes too much to hold in my head since this is an entirely new element)  or to hunt demons through the bowels of the castle. But with her life on the line (why is it on the line? She's not executed after all. ), she’ll do what it takes to survive. #pitmad #YA #fantasy

Raven dreams of skycities, not running from magic-hunting automatons, underground freedom fighters, or falling for the local rogue, all in the heart of an empire rich in assassins, glittering mansions, and deadly secrets. #pitmad #YA #Fantasy (This doesn't really give me a sense of what's going on. It lists some elements but there's no sense of stakes or what Raven actually wants. I guess she wants Skycities but why/in what way? Why can't she get them?)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

synopsis

#4 mindy24601

mindy24601

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

I'm gearing up for #pitmad, and I've got the pitch for two YA fantasies. Good luck, exciting times!!!!!! 

Juniper expected an execution good, not to become the prince’s magically-bound shield, quick, concise sentences will catch readers. also i feel "magically-bound shield" is too wordy to be catchy. Pitch contests are all about the catch. to fall in love with a lawful squirecan you think of a more interestingword than lawful?, or to hunt demons through the bowels of the castle. But with her life on the line, she’ll do what it takes to survive. Last sentence is super-cliche and vague, can you add more of a specific conflict? #pitmad #YA #fantasy

Raven dreams of skycities, not running from magic-hunting automatons, underground freedom fighters, or falling for the local rogue,the laundry list, again makes it hard to read. quick, concise sentences are my recommendation all in the heart of an empire rich in assassins, glittering mansions, and deadly secrets. #pitmad #YA #Fantasy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users