ajaponte4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:none. Zero.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

Hello everyone. I'm getting ready for pitmad on June 7th. It's 10 hours long, and I get submit 1 pitch/tweet per hour. I've been advised that each pitch should be unique so as to cast a wider net. This is the first 5 i came up with. Please let me know what you think.

A young demon prince’s hunt for his brother’s killer puts his life, his kingdom, and all the realms in jeopardy.

Serial killer vs pubescent Demon. Deranged psychopath vs Pure evil. One’s trying to end the world, the other’s trying to save it. Who will win? 

Be a hero, ride a magic carpet, fight zombies, save the world, become king; it all sounds like a grand adventure. One 14yo Alex Verone used to dream about. Except it’s turning out to be Alex’s worst nightmare and it started the night his brother was murdered. 

Nearly 2 dozen murdered in a satanic ritual, a new body found every full moon, and the only is a white rose at ever scene. Someone’s trying to open the gates of hell. It’s a pity only 14yo Alex Verone realizes it. 

14yo Alex Verone deal with the gods was clear. To free his brother’s soul, Alex must slay his brother’s killer before his 15th b-day. Should be easy, Alex just has to close the gates of hell and stop the world from ending first. 

#2 cmmg

cmmg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hello everyone. I'm getting ready for pitmad on June 7th. It's 10 hours long, and I get submit 1 pitch/tweet per hour. I've been advised that each pitch should be unique so as to cast a wider net. This is the first 5 i came up with. Please let me know what you think.

A young demon prince’s hunt for his brother’s killer puts his life, his kingdom, and all the realms in jeopardy. (I like this because it indicates genre and stakes, but it might not be very original)

Serial killer vs pubescent Demon. Deranged psychopath vs Pure evil.  (if you're only repeating it once, I'd cut it) One’s trying to end the world, the other’s trying to save it. Who will win? (I get what you're going for but I'm not a fan of 'who will win")

Be a hero, ride a magic carpet, fight zombies, save the world, become king; it all sounds like a grand adventure. One 14yo Alex Verone used to dream about. Except it’s turning out to be Alex’s worst nightmare and it started the night his brother was murdered. (I feel like this doesn't tell me much about the world, even if there's more concrete details, magic carpets and zombies aren't very unique)

Nearly 2 dozen murdered in a satanic ritual, a new body found every full moon, and the only is a white rose at every scene. Someone’s trying to open the gates of hell. It’s a pity only 14yo Alex Verone realizes it. (I like this, but I like the ending more, instead of staring with the nearly 2 dozen murdered you could say "a body is found every full moon" or something and work in the satanic ritual there, instead of starting with the number?)

14yo Alex Verone deal with the gods was clear. To free his brother’s soul, Alex must slay his brother’s killer before his 15th b-day. Should be easy, Alex just has to close the gates of hell and stop the world from ending first.(I think this encapsulated the world the best.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

synopsis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users