#1 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

My novel, The Last Lost Warrior, is a mystery thriller whose major characters are suffering from PTSD. My credentials for this are simple.  I worked for the VA for 30 years and over that time I encountered a large number of vets who suffer from it. I was briefly, (and successfully) treated for it at the Oakland Vet Center many years ago.  I don't have nightmares, but I can still get too excited telling war stories, so mostly I don't.  Sometimes I've got a very good startle reaction.  I spent most of my career, one way or another advocating for various veteran causes, and I continue to do that.

Last year I spoke of my attempts to leverage messages from my book page on celebration of Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and the new Vietnam Veterans Day.  This years Memorial Day effort was wildly successful- at least in terms of page attention.  In the last 28 days the page has been seen by 4,900 people and accumulated 54 new likes.  During that same I sold only four books, but I suspect there will be many more longer term sales.

I'm trying a new tactic.  I'm building veteran advocacy awareness posts for the page and reposting them as myself on the great many veteran pages I belong to.  I expect the book page to become branded as a long term source of veterans advocacy.  Each time I do one of these posts, the page name is in the repost, but there's no overt advertisement for the book.  This I think will allow me to spread the brand without getting boring or repetitive about it.  Here is a link to the page where you can view my several Memorial Day and post Memorial day posts.  Don't take the views this week too seriously, a great many of them must be repeat and therefore only counted once folks over the last 28 days.

https://www.facebook...astLostWarrior/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users