Find me at properediting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

Hi --

Someone I know tried to register for AQ and said the captcha is broken and finishing the registration is thus not possible. They pointed out the last new member joined in June so... this seems to be a thing? 

#2 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Rep: BookEnds Literary Agency

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

I had a brainfart and momentarily forgot my AQC password. I tried to reset it and the captcha was broken. Luckily, I remembered it after some keyboard fiddling.

But yes, it seems nobody is able to join or reset their passwords.

We're trapped until the site master steps in.

#3 JessicaCohen

JessicaCohen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

CAPTCHA is definitely down. I have a friend trying to make an account and neither of us can get the captcha to work. :(((

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure if Crew is aware of this. We'll make sure that gets taken care of.

#5 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

It's still down.  :sad: My message to AQCrew was never opened. Are we the final line?  :unsure:

#6 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

This would explain why I feel like there haven't been as many people posting as there used to be. They need to fix it, because I literally don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had this board. Probably send out a crappy query letter and not get the critiques I need on my manuscript. Not that it'll probably make a difference, but I'll try sending a message as well.

Nothing to reciprocate on right now; I'm off in the query trenches.

#7 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

I've noticed that the "new" faces posting aren't really newcomers. They're veteran users returning now that they have newer manuscripts to shop around.

I hope the top dogs haven't abandoned us. If this were a movie, we'd team up and find a way to resurrect the site.  :cool:

#8 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

I'm an old dog (or elephant) and I've never left. Feel free to PM me if you have ideas. Or reach out to me via email at matt@elephantsbookshelfpress.com

This site has been my online writing community for more than a decade now, so I want to see it thrive.

#9 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

I tried emailing the IT support for the general agentquery.com website a few days ago, for what it's worth.

I think the next step is to track down their physical address and storm the castle. Always best to jump to extremes. :tongue:

Nothing to reciprocate on right now; I'm off in the query trenches.

#10 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

Any hackers in the house?

For real, though, I think AQC's biggest obstacle to thriving is that new faces can't get in. Outside of that--er, inside--people generally treat AQC as a step on the ladder to publication. The biggest attraction IMO is the query feedback. People get their queries fixed, they query, they leave. They write another book, they return, they query, they leave. Rinse and repeat.

We're a pool of water. Eventually everybody's going to evaporate. I could brainstorm ideas for increasing participation, but I really do think we need to fix the registration process first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users