Milady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

Hi folks,

I'm on the search for one or two critique partners for my YA sci-fi. I'm on the last few chapters, and I'm hoping to get some eyes on it before I submit to Pitch Wars at the end of August. I was in Pitch Wars last year, but I'm shelving that manuscript for now to focus on this one. I have a lot of experience CP-ing and editing, so hopefully I can offer some good advice. I tend to focus more on big picture critique involving plot and character development (character especially), and make line edits on smaller details as I go.

I'm looking for another sci-fi or fantasy author (YA preferable, but Adult is okay too) who would be willing to swap manuscripts on a shorter time frame, since I would need to finish edits before PW submission opens. I'm not too worried about smaller things, I would like someone who can read it all over and offer advice on plot and character. I would return the favor of course, and critique your full manuscript just as quickly. 

Here's the query. Let me know if you're interested, and we can swap a chapter or two first to see if we're compatible! :)

Kalizah Xin will bring on the collapse of human civilization.

At least that's what Minerva—the solar system's largest and most accurate quantum computer—predicts. And Minerva has never been wrong.

With a bounty on her head high enough to set anyone up for generations, Kalizah keeps her identity hidden, instead making a name for herself as the cold and ruthless pirate captain of the starship Starchaser. The system whispers that she doesn't have a heart, and they don't know how right they are. Injured by an early attempt on her life, she scours the system for the valuable energy source starcore, the only thing that can power the mechanical substitute her father created.

When the system's largest starcore mine is destroyed in a terrorist attack, powering her heart suddenly becomes a whole lot harder. There's no depths Kalizah won't sink to in order to live—including allying her crew with those same terrorists and manipulating them every step of the way. But the more she learns about the 'terrorists,' the more of the system's dirty politics come to light, and the clearer it becomes they are trying to fix things.

Kalizah couldn't care less about their cause, driving it further and further with every secret betrayal. But the more she gains, the more the people she might just be growing to care about suffer. She's always written off Minerva's predictions as the ramblings of a machine in error, but in the end, she might have to decide if she's willing to destroy humanity in order to save the life she's fought so hard to cling to.

WRITTEN IN THE STARS is a YA sci-fi novel in the vein of SIX OF CROWS meets FIREFLY, complete at 92,000 words.

If you have time, any feedback would be much appreciated!  :wink: 

WRITTEN IN THE STARS(YA sci-fi) 

Query

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users