• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Harmony Ink Press
    #AMM mentee

Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hi everybody!

Round 5 of Author Mentor Match will be held in October 2018. The mentors will be announced this month. There's also a countdown on the homepage: http://authormentormatch.com/

AMM is a matchmaking program that pairs unagented YA/MG writers with experienced authors in a long-term mentorship. Mentees receive at least one full manuscript review and one query pass.

Information on the program can be found here: http://authormentorm...m/how-it-works/

I was fortunate to be selected in the previous round. My mentor has helped me identify the core of my story, and reshape my manuscript to better reflect my vision. The AMM community is wonderful, and we have an awesome Slack chat for mentors and mentees.

Message me or leave a comment in the thread if you have questions!

I love dogs

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

I love the idea of this. I wish I had a manuscript ready to submit.

I see that at least one mentor (or is she a mentee?) is an AQCer who hasn't been around in a while.

#3 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Harmony Ink Press
    #AMM mentee

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

Yes! I'm aware of one mentor who has an AQC account. 

I love dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users