#1 RTimMorris

RTimMorris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:15 PM

I have recently completed an 80k-word work of Adult Literary Humour, "TO BE HONEST". This is the 4th novel I've written, the first in the Humour genre. There is a decent amount of foul language and crude innuendo, but I've tried doing it in a humorous way. Still, if you're too easily offended, this might not be for you.

Please respond here or message me if you're interested.

Pitch:

Honesty is a funny thing; people will tell you they want to hear it, but more often than not they don’t. Thirty-something New York stage actor Chester Eddy is having a hard time deciding which truths about himself he should be telling. The truth that he drinks too much? That he has a propensity for public nose picking? That he’s got some fairly obscure pop-culture fetishes and fixations? Oh, and how about the truth that he’s in love with his best friend Melissa but can’t tell her as much? Yeah, that one’s a problem for sure.

When his obnoxious transparency is beginning to put a strain on his relationships, Chester quickly finds he has few people left who still want to listen to him and his self-professed Honesty Movement. Things get worse too, when Melissa decides she needs a break from their “friends-with-benefits” relationship. Chester realizes that, when all he's left with is nerdy pop culture references and a bunch of disgusting personal truths, it might be time for him to be honest with himself.

TO BE HONEST is a hilarious ride, filled with crazy capers that will take the reader through the world of Off-Broadway theatre, Manhattan dive bars, Upper West Side churches for sex addict meetings, and even deep into the dark, perplexing mind of Chester himself. Okay, maybe it’s not all that deep, but it is dark. Chester Eddy’s unique voice — his running inner monologue and drifting thoughts — make the next joke not far away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users