grace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:30 PM

Hi friends,

I'm finishing up another draft of my book and I'm looking for another fresh set of eyes to look it over. I would appreciate someone that could provide an in-depth critique. I would be happy to reciprocate –– I have some experience critiquing books and I'm fully prepared to provide feedback on overarching themes as well as sentence-level ideas for improvement.

Here's a query letter I have used in the past – (previous edits of which can be found in the query critique group in AQ)

Josey King is a beaten-down student at Columbia, fresh out of foster care, wondering if she'll ever get to meet her real family. She soon stumbles across a mysterious elevator in the woods that leads to a parallel universe where humans are weaker than her home dimension.

In this parallel universe, climbing stairs is an unreasonably difficult task, gallons of milk are too heavy to lift, and the world record in the mile is above nine minutes. In addition, everyone who exists in our world has a counterpart in the other world who shares their name, face, and blood relatives. History is delayed here, too –– this world is set in the Vietnam War Era.

Upon entering this new world, Josey quickly meets her counterpart Jo, as well as the rest of the family she never found in her own world. However, she soon has it all ripped away when Jo's father is murdered. Together, Jo and Josey must track down their father's killer before he kills them, relying on Josey's superior strength and speed. As the city becomes aware of the mysterious "superpowered" enigma known only as "The King without a Crown," avoiding detection from Jo's brother, obnoxious roommates, greedy uncle, and outrageously attractive  crush soon becomes life or death.

THE KING WITHOUT A CROWN is a 106,000 word NA novel with series potential.

Shoot me an email at graceeelliott7@gmail.com if you're interested in exchanging a few chapters to see if we could make a good CP fit. 

Best, 

Grace

#2 Stephen G. Bria

Stephen G. Bria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:If only

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:55 PM

Went ahead and sent you a message.