michaelblaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

I'm sure this has been done before here, but I'm here to start it up again. It's not a competition - just something fun that I thought of on my lousy 15 minute break. The only rule is that you have 15 minutes to do it. Fiction or nonfiction, it doesn't matter. It's a good exercise and a way for others to either compliment or ruthlessly mock what you've written - and it won't matter because it only took a few minutes of your precious time!  I'll post mine first.

#2 michaelblaine

michaelblaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

++

#3 Jrax16

Jrax16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

"What's your deal now?" Ted calmly asks George.

"How am I gonna meet up with Trisha- looking like this," George points to the coffee stain on his blue and white diagonally striped tie.

Ted takes a deep breath, aware of how concerned George is of making a positive first impression- because he has a giant crush on her. 

"George, look, you meet up with Trisha at Wally's Garden, eat lunch with her, and act normal. Make a joke about the coffee stain on your tie, it kind of looks like Texas," Ted says casually. 

"Ted, do you have any idea- this woman is smoking hot- she'll think I'm a scrub," George says, lifting his hand up from the office table leaving a wet hand print.

"Look at my white tie, notice it has several pink panthers on it- be as smooth as the panther, George," Ted encourages George.

Ted sees the big boss man about to make a right onto their cubicle aisle.

"Quick, get back to work. We don't want Ugene encroaching on us!" Ted says.

In unison, Ted and George spin around in their black leather roller chairs and glide up to their computer desks. Ted and George met the first day Ted joined the Roleaz Marketing Firm, Ted and George hit it off during lunch and have been friends ever since.

Ted minimizes the Pop Electronica music video "Fashion Conquers All" he's been watching and opens up a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.

Ugene creeps past their cubicles, glancing in the cubicles.

#4 michaelblaine

michaelblaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:12 AM

That was great! Love the humor - especially these:

"Make a joke about the coffee stain on your tie, it kind of looks like Texas"

"Ted minimizes the Pop Electronica music video "Fashion Conquers All" he's been watching and opens up a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet."  (Can't tell you how many times I've done this).

That was a fun way to start my morning, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users