#1 SnowFox23

SnowFox23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:58 AM

I’m so excited to FINALLY announce the news!

Today, I accepted representation with my agent, Naomi Davis at Bookends Lit!!

You guys might remember me. I’ve been on AgentQueryConnect for a few years now. I’ve queried 3 books, and I finally got an agent with my fourth!

My latest book, a YA fantasy, THE WOLF, THE CROW, AND THE QUEEN was the one that got me rep. I posted the query here a while back:

The kingdom of Nightling is cursed with eternal night, and if the cold doesn't kill you, the queen gladly will.

Back when she gave a damn about people, mute and agoraphobic Queen Lux used to allow them refuge into Nightling. Her dark kingdom, a safe haven, compared to neighbouring lands where persecution and famine abounds. But after several betrayals from those attempting to overthrow her, seventeen-year-old Lux has closed the kingdom for good, and lives alone with her wolf Leod, and service crow, Avalon, who speaks for her.

But when Leod and Avalon are stolen from her kingdom, Lux finds a note that shakes her to the core: If you don't leave Nightling by morning, we will kill the wolf and crow.

The only chance she has to find her animals lays in her untrustworthy ex-boyfriend who insists he knows where they are. But he seems to have his own secretive reasons for wanting to help.

With morning approaching, Lux is torn apart by an impossible choice: Stay in Nightling and lose her friends forever. Or leave her kingdom, battle her crippling agoraphobia, and save the only friends she's ever had.

THE WOLF, THE CROW, AND THE QUEEN is an *ownvoice YA fantasy complete at 69,000 words. It is a mix of Paula Brackston's, The Winter Witch, and Melissa Albert’s, The Hazel Wood.

This query got me 12 full requests, and 2 offers of rep.

If anyone wants to connect, check me out at twitter: https://twitter.com/MissLambchop
I’ll be the one endlessly screaming.

I just want to say, thank you so much guys. I logged on to AQC every day for years, and I dreamed of one day posting a success story. Best day ever!

Lisa.

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Author of a five book cozy mystery series -- the Blue Ridge Library Mystery series -- with Crooked Lane Books. Books one, two, and three out now, book four out Jan. 2020. New mystery series -- the Booklovers B&B series -- contracted with Crooked Lane for future publication.

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:38 AM

Congrats!

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

Wonderful news! Very happy for you!

#4 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Congrats!

I haven't seen a post like this in a while. You're on your way to ... well, I won't spoil anything. :)

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#5 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

That's awesome! I got a revise and resend from another agent at Bookends, so I'm working on that right now, but if the first agent still says no, then Naomi was definitely on my list of agents to check out. Bookends just looks like such a nice agency to be with. Congrats!

Nothing to reciprocate on right now; I'm off in the query trenches.

#6 Tanja

Tanja

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:54 AM

congrats. That's great news.

Query:  10 DAY BETRAYAL

10 DAY CONSPIRACY

RABBIT 76 (NEW PROJECT)

Twitter: @tccorrey

#7 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

Hooray!

#8 Monsmord

Monsmord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, published
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:My most recent flash fiction has been published in the Newfoundland Quarterly and Kit Sora's "The Artobiography."

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

Awesome!

#9 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

Huge congrats! I remember your first few queries, and knew it was only a matter of time till someone picked you up.

#10 Jemi

Jemi

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

So awesome!!!!! Congrats! The story sounds fabulous!!  :smile:  :smile:

#11 Aightball

Aightball

Deathbat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My short story ANGUISH is available now in the Elephant Bookshelf Press winter anthology "Winter's Regret".

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:54 AM

Congratulations!!!

Most girls are made of
sugar and spice and everything nice; they
screwed up the recipe for me: I'm made of
bat wings and broken things.

Query: http://agentquerycon...-urban-fantasy/

Blog: http://aightball.wordpress.com

Synopsis:

Twitter Hook(s):

Short Story "Anguish", in Winter's Regret: http://www.amazon.co...winter's regret

aertja.jpg

#12 A Fatalist Dawn

A Fatalist Dawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

Yes, I remember this query too. 12 full and 2 offers of rep is wonderful. Congratulations on getting signed, and keep us posted on your book!

Check out my poetry book, The Groundwork of Realization (2018).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users