These forums seem pretty dead compared to when I was on here years ago. But there was a time we would post stuff like this:
SPRING 2019 MIDDLE GRADE FEEDBACK GIVEAWAY!
I’m [Peter Knapp] doing my first feedback giveaway in quite a long while! This will be a feedback giveaway exclusively for middle grade fiction submissions.
I will be offering brief, honest feedback on all middle grade submissions following the below guidelines and received between 5:30pm ET on Tuesday, April 2nd and 5:30pm ET on Friday, April 5th.
Please read all details below before submitting:
- This is open only during the window bolded above. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions.
- This is only for middle grade fiction submissions. Young adult, nonfiction, adult fiction, chapter books, picture books, etc. are not eligible for this feedback giveaway.
- To enter, send your submission to email@example.com with the following in the subject: “Query - Peter Knapp - Spring 2019 MG Feedback Giveaway – MG [+ genre of your book]” (for example, “Query - Peter Knapp - Spring 2019 MG Feedback Giveaway - MG Fantasy”)
- Include your query and around 10 pages of your manuscript pasted in the body of the email. Please, no attachments.
- For projects that I am passing on, I will reply with 1-2 sentences of feedback on the query or pages.
- NOTE: this is NOT a full critique, this is simply 1-2 sentences of personal feedback/thoughts.
- Unfortunately, I cannot reply with further notes than what I provide in my initial response.
- NOTE: This is NOT open to queries or submissions I have previously seen, even if they have been revised. No exceptions.
- Please only submit one query. If you submit multiple queries, I will only reply to the first one I read.
- NOTE: This is intended for submission-ready projects, and is not open to projects that are not yet ready for submission to agents. I often request manuscripts from feedback giveaways with the expectation that manuscripts will be ready for consideration (this is one of the reasons I do it…I want to find great new projects, always!).
- While I will read submissions as quickly as I can, it can take up to about 10 weeks for me to reply to all submissions so that I can provide feedback, so please be patient.