Derrick

Long-Lost Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:57 AM

These forums seem pretty dead compared to when I was on here years ago. But there was a time we would post stuff like this:

http://petejknapp.co...edback-giveaway

SPRING 2019 MIDDLE GRADE FEEDBACK GIVEAWAY!

I’m [Peter Knapp] doing my first feedback giveaway in quite a long while! This will be a feedback giveaway exclusively for middle grade fiction submissions. 

I will be offering brief, honest feedback on all middle grade submissions following the below guidelines and received between 5:30pm ET on Tuesday, April 2nd and 5:30pm ET on Friday, April 5th.

Please read all details below before submitting:

• This is open only during the window bolded above. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions.
  • This is only for middle grade fiction submissions. Young adult, nonfiction, adult fiction, chapter books, picture books, etc. are not eligible for this feedback giveaway.
  • To enter, send your submission to queries@parkfine.com with the following in the subject: “Query - Peter Knapp - Spring 2019 MG Feedback Giveaway – MG [+ genre of your book]” (for example, “Query - Peter Knapp -  Spring 2019 MG Feedback Giveaway  - MG Fantasy”)
  • Include your query and around 10 pages of your manuscript pasted in the body of the email. Please, no attachments. 
  • For projects that I am passing on, I will reply with 1-2 sentences of feedback on the query or pages.
  • NOTE: this is NOT a full critique, this is simply 1-2 sentences of personal feedback/thoughts.
  • Unfortunately, I cannot reply with further notes than what I provide in my initial response.
  • NOTE: This is NOT open to queries or submissions I have previously seen, even if they have been revised. No exceptions.
  • Please only submit one query. If you submit multiple queries, I will only reply to the first one I read.
  • NOTE: This is intended for submission-ready projects, and is not open to projects that are not yet ready for submission to agents. I often request manuscripts from feedback giveaways with the expectation that manuscripts will be ready for consideration (this is one of the reasons I do it…I want to find great new projects, always!).
  • While I will read submissions as quickly as I can, it can take up to about 10 weeks for me to reply to all submissions so that I can provide feedback, so please be patient.

Would you do me the kindness of critiquing my query?

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

From my perspective, more of these can only help.

#3 Derrick

Derrick

Long-Lost Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

It's closed now. I hope this helped my fellow MG writers out there.

Would you do me the kindness of critiquing my query?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users