#1 mojicanpuertorican

mojicanpuertorican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

So, there was the Pitdark pitch contest going on not long ago. I sent my tweets as usual and got a like from an agent. But I noticed this agent rejected my query sometime ago (few months). Should I follow her directions since she liked my pitch? I don't want to annoy her again, but I wonder if she had second thoughts on my manuscript, or maybe she doesn't even remember. Anyways, what would be your suggestion? 

#2 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

I honestly don't know too much about how all the Twitter pitches work, but my thought is what do you have to lose? If she rejects you again, you're only wasting a couple minutes of her time. When you send her stuff, don't mention the previous rejection, just stick with her liking your tweet, and if she passes again, you're no worse off than you were before. Good luck.

Please note I'm also posting on behalf of people who can't sign up, so if I provide a link in the main body of the post, make sure to reciprocate on that thread.

#3 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:03 PM

What LNLoft said.

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users