#1 David M

David M

Author and Editor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, industry insider
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Invincible, published in 2016 by First Edition Design (Florida, USA). Available as ebook and paperback through all online bookstores

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:02 PM

Hello and greetings to everyone. Having been diverted from my calling by pressing but dull business matters, I'm just emerging from a threeyear hiatus like a bear waking from hibernation, blinking in the stark light of the writing world. It looks...familiar.

But different.

Cutting to the chase - I'm giving something away for FREE...

And no, it's not a free review copy of my book - I find the whole concept of book giveaways just makes me uncomfortable.

Intrigued? Staring at your screen in wide-eyed amazement? Then read on, gentle reader.

First, by way of introduction: my name is David Makinson and I'm the author of Invincible. It's YA science fiction that sets out to blend high action with solid character development. It's essentially a coming-of-age story played out in deep space in the distant future. My readers seem to like it. My challenge is of course the common one - not enough readers.

I also own and manage a small professional editing business called Sharpedge Editing. We cover all forms of written content, but what I most love to do is help new and independent writers to polish their work. Rule #1: Every book needs a good editor. There are no exceptions to this rule.

I'm posting here to ask people to purchase, read and review the Invincible ebook, preferably via Amazon.com. The current ebook price is US$3.62. (There's a paperback too but I believe it's too expensive, to be very frank.)

That's genuine reviews - I'm not here plugging for 5 stars if that's not what you genuinely think.

The absurdly long link to Invincible is:

https://www.amazon.com/Invincible-David-Makinson-ebook/dp/B01D9995EA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=4SCJ3A3DNXHV&keywords=david+makinson+invincible&qid=1562023090&s=gateway&sprefix=david+makinson%2Caps%2C390&sr=8-1

(I gather there's a way to abbreviate these links...must investigate...)

Finally, we get to the FREE part. I will of course return the favour by buying and reviewing your ebook, if you have one for sale. And, because I have friends in high places (!) Sharpedge Editing will provide a FREE sample edit of 10 pages from your latest manuscript.

To sum up - for the princely outlay of US$3.62, you get your book bought and reviewed and a good dose of professional editing advice as a free bonus. This, without a word of exaggeration, (ahem) is the deal of the century...

If you're interested, please email me at dmakinson.editor@gmail.com

Full contact and website details are in my profile.

Best of luck with all your writing endeavours.

David Makinson

Author of Invincible, Volume 1 of the Tanner Archives

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,400&sr=8-1

Principal Editor, Sharpedge Editing 

https://sharpedit.weebly.com/

Email:

dmakinson.editor@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: edit, editing, editor, book, author, writer, scifi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users