#1 Dawng

Dawng

Fiction writer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel was mostly a memoir with an identity crisis (trying to be part fiction). Widow's Peak is my second novel.

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:05 PM

WIP...will repost in a few days. 

Felix dies, meets his afterlife handler, Asha, and is pushed to choose between three options: signing his life away and joining deceased family and friends, reincarnation, and after holding out for the best, Felix chooses revising the past to change the present and future. 

To find appropriate revision points, Felix supervises his family in the present, where time moves faster. It’s three months later than Felix expected. Finding the family home for sale, and his long-term partner, lover, and eventual caregiver, Sophie, exiled to the desert and forced out of retirement to caretake another elderly man, Felix is livid. His horrible adult children, Portia and Royce, ignored his wishes and their previous agreements. Felix is determined to teach them all a lesson and help Sophie reclaim her inheritance. 

He chooses the most unpredictable and common third option: to change the past. Asha restricts Felix to a ten points along his family’s timeline, starting with the most recent and spanning backwards. Combing through his family’s mistakes, he relives the past and rewrites potential improvements. Once the results of the changes are revealed, Felix can either undo or accept his resultant edits. The focus for Felix: his slacker sensitive artist son, workaholic financial genius daughter, and codependent caretaker partner. Felix faces their fateful decisions and finds roots around the unprocessed grief surrounding the death of Dallas--his former wife and the mother of his children.

If only his family would change for the better on their own in the present. However, his edits don’t get him any closer to how things should be. And the omniscient uncensored view of his family from beyond the grave provides a stark new reality. Ultimately, it’s Felix who must change--by letting go.

#2 dmsimone

dmsimone

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Technical journals, patents.

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:32 PM

This is really really short for a synopsis - is this the whole thing?

My QL is here: http://agentquerycon...ght-ya-fantasy/

My synopsis is here: http://agentquerycon...ght-ya-fantasy/

I am happy to reciprocate with a critique.

#3 Dawng

Dawng

Fiction writer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel was mostly a memoir with an identity crisis (trying to be part fiction). Widow's Peak is my second novel.

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

LOL. Yes, Thank you. I posted my first draft query and synopsis on the same day several weeks ago. I was going for a one-pager, but I'll take this down and resubmit in a few days when I can sink my teeth into how to write a better synopsis. 

#4 dmsimone

dmsimone

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Technical journals, patents.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

No worries! I'll check back in a day or two.

My QL is here: http://agentquerycon...ght-ya-fantasy/

My synopsis is here: http://agentquerycon...ght-ya-fantasy/

I am happy to reciprocate with a critique.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiction, Commercial Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users