#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,927 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:23 PM

I know there's not been much traffic here for quite a while, but I'm curious how much -- if at all -- any of you pursue or participate in creating audiobooks or appearing on podcasts?

They've both been on my mind a lot lately, and I thought I'd see what you guys know.

#2 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:49 AM

I'd like to do audiobooks, but the cost of making one seems a little prohibitive, at least right now.

I'm also interested if anyone has experience with podcasts. They seem to be the big thing in the marketing circles at the moment, but I haven't seen any data to back up if they're actually that helpful in the long run.

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,927 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:18 AM

I agree about your comments regarding podcasts. I'm just starting to explore how to market myself to them, but there seem to be so many and I need to get a better sense of which are worth my time.

With regard to audiobooks, I've started to invest some money into doing them, but I haven't had enough time to experiment. Still, I believe that they'll be worth the investment as a possible revenue stream. The growth in that area seems pretty significant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users