#1 Anna L. Walls

Anna L. Walls

Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:I am the author of KING BY RIGHT OF BLOOD AND MIGHT and PRINCE IN HIDING. Very soon THE SPEED OF DREAMS will be coming out and next spring WHITE STAR will join them. But that's just the beginning.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

The Speed of Dreams

#2 Leonardo Wild

Leonardo Wild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth America
  • Publishing Experience:Over 200 articles for the Environment and Science pages of the Sunday magazine of the Diario La Hora, as well as for its cultural magazine. Also publications on cultural issues, literature and social themes for the following magazines: Eskeletra, Ciudad Alternativa, Diners, Gestión, Estudios Ecuatorianos, AsíES, ArtES, Finnis Terrae (Spain).

Scripts, Screenplays: Altogether 41 produced scripts, of which 2 became feature-length documentaries, 1 a medium-length documentary, and the other became TV spots, short institutional videos for various industries.

Books: 7 novels and 2 non-fiction books, with a 3rd one about to be published in Ecuador. A US publisher is currently reading the English version. Published with Ecuadorian and German publishing houses: C. Bertelsmann (part of the Random House Group), Omnibus Verlag (Bertelsmann) - Fischer Tanschenbuchverlag, Carlsen Verlag, Beltz & Geldberg - Libresa, Planeta Ecuador, Alfaguara, SINAB, CGVG Graf News, MayorBooks Ecuador.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

Hi Ana,

The Speed of Dreams. I'm not sure how it works and what we are meant to add or say about a book title, if anything. But when I read this, I wondered what the book is about and didn't really come up with much. The title doesn't give me an idea of genre, topic, etc. Also, is it fiction or non-fiction? Because it might be both. A title should give you a sense of something. As I know nothing about the book, and in order to bring the title closer to what I would feel brings a question to mind, how about:

Faster than dreams.

My two cents worth ...

#3 Eli Ashpence

Eli Ashpence

(Insert Penny Avatar)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published "Genocide to Genesis"

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

I like it. It makes me curious about the story. How does time move differently between the waking and sleeping world? How does the speed work into the plot of a story? What kind of story would rely on the speed of dreams instead of just the content of a dream?

Time displacement ftw.
g2g.jpg

Author of Genocide to Genesis

#4 Nemune

Nemune

Trial by fire, isn't that what all dragons do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

oooh, dream book, Yep I'd pick it up. Just to see what it was really about. Posted Image
For in all the world there is much to be seen, but much more lies in the imagination.

#5 the transylvanian

the transylvanian

Writing as Camilia Crandell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:My paranormal THE TRANSYLVANIANS, was picked up by a publisher and it's set to be release in the summer of 2014.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Anna, I agree with Leonardo here. It could be anything but for me to make me curious I would have to know if is a fantasy, romance, non-fiction. It would loose my interest completly if by any chance was romance (and I write romance). So, it is a bit to safe.

Imagination is better than knowledge  - Einstein

tnTheTransylvaniansLoveAndWar.jpg

#6 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and Winter's Regret in January 2014. Our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, was published in November 2013, and our second, Battery Brothers, in time for baseball's opening day, 2014.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

piques my interest.

#7 KC Rivers

KC Rivers

Official fangirl since Ocarina of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel, "Prince of Light," is now available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Actually, I quite like this title. Depending on the cover art to go with it, I would be interested in what it was about.
Thumbnail2_zps36e993fa.jpg
Now available!

Web Site
Twitter
Facebook

#8 Anna L. Walls

Anna L. Walls

Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:I am the author of KING BY RIGHT OF BLOOD AND MIGHT and PRINCE IN HIDING. Very soon THE SPEED OF DREAMS will be coming out and next spring WHITE STAR will join them. But that's just the beginning.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Transylvanian, the story is borderline science fiction. There's a space war and space ships involved but not a lot of technical stuff.

#9 Moonshade

Moonshade

Plague Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Short articles for Indiana Living Green

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

I like that. My thought is fantasy, but I think sci-fi works very well with it too, given the Speed of Light.

WARNING: posts made by Moonshade are dangerously low in Sodium. Therefore, all questions, quandaries, comments, corrections, and curiosities should be taken with a heaping dose grain of salt.

Come see me at my my blog!

#10 the transylvanian

the transylvanian

Writing as Camilia Crandell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:My paranormal THE TRANSYLVANIANS, was picked up by a publisher and it's set to be release in the summer of 2014.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

Ok. I will go for that, I love science fiction.

Imagination is better than knowledge  - Einstein

tnTheTransylvaniansLoveAndWar.jpg

#11 Petal65

Petal65

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:feature film and novelisation credits, tv credits, middle grade novel, verse novel

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

it's sort of a stylish title, but I feel it's a bit all style no substance. There's very little tension in this title, as there would be in the less fluid "The Speed Limit of Dreams" or even "The Slow Speed of Dreams"
READ MY BLOGS: www.angelhorn.com www.versenovels.com

Read WICKET SEASON, from Lorimer Books, March 2012
Add AUDACIOUS to you Goodreads Shelves. Coming from Orca Books, Fall 2013

"The highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and let the chips fall where they may." (John F. Kennedy)

#12 Anna L. Walls

Anna L. Walls

Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I thought you guys might be interested to know that this book was accepted to be published. Coming out sometime early next year I understand.

#13 Guest_CathrynLouis_*

Guest_CathrynLouis_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Congrats!

#14 KC Rivers

KC Rivers

Official fangirl since Ocarina of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel, "Prince of Light," is now available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yay! Congrats!
Thumbnail2_zps36e993fa.jpg
Now available!

Web Site
Twitter
Facebook

#15 Twyx

Twyx

Lover of Pistachio Ice Cream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Nada, zip, zilch. Open to all offers.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Incredible! Congratulations!
Living in a dream house, door's always open.

#16 Julez

Julez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

I like the title and Congratulations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users