Gentleman Thief

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published 1 book

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

What is your favorite #tag on twitter? Which ones have benefitted you?

#ShareTheLove4Authors was one I found tonight that was cool. =)

#2 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have several short stories published with online magazines such as Bewildering Stories and Aphelion, and part of the 7DS anthology SLAYERS. I have six books in a paranormal series self-published, and as of 2015, I write articles for Gaiam TV. See my blog for more details.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

There were two I used to follow, then they became clogged with writers pimping their stuff. It was scary how they went from a great place for writers to hang and chat to 'Buy my book!' 'Read my blog!' so fast.

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg demonthumbnail.jpg 4311642f-9dfa-4c08-ac6d-a6979476c6ce.jpg

3e1a6d8e-6529-475b-b08d-34d575e93531.jpg

#3 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

#amwriting #histfict #histnov (but if you do more than follow this last one -- if you use it, your stuff may be put in the Historical Fiction Daily so you want to be judicious). During the last Historical Novel Society Conference #hns11 was invaluable both for communicating with fellow conference goers and for tweeting to folks not fortunate enough to be at the event.
Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

#4 Jemi

Jemi

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

If you're writing for kids there are #kidlitchat, #yalitchat, & #mglitchat - they all have specific chat times. I think they're all at 9pm EST on Tues, Wed, Thurs, but I don't remember which is which.

#askagent is also helpful - especially when certain agents hold spontaneous askagent chats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users