tbrundage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:published 2 articles with Womans World Magazine

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

I am new to writing paranormal. I write YA fiction with a paranormal/mystery twist. I would love if someone could read a scene from my novel and let me know if Im heading in the right direction with the writing. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

**Thanks Aaron for the suggestion.

#2 Aaron Bradford Starr

Aaron Bradford Starr

Penguin Rustler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I've published short stories, paintings, and interior art in Black Gate Magazine, Black Gate Online, and the magazine Stupefying Stories.

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

You might want to go back and edit the title of this thread, so that people know what it is you need. "Hi" doesn't give most people a reason to check this out, since it sounds like an introduction thread. You may get more action, that way.

I'd help, but I've got deadlines I'm working against, and so no free time. Good luck!

#3 Kristina

Kristina

Vampire in the last life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:None so far... But if you're psychic, you already know whose book you'll be buying in a few years. :)

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Currently writing in the same genre and would like to help. Let me know if you want me read it.
“I am not afraid that the book will be controversial, I’m afraid it will not be controversial.” - Flannery O’Connor

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” - Richard Bach

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” - Anton Chekhov

Follow me on Twitter

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, in November.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Kristina, given that thread got a lot old, you might want to follow up directly with luvs2rite through a personal message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users