#1 Suzanne

Suzanne

Creative

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have published articles in the local papers. No mags or books yet.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Can I e-publish one short story as an entity? 5 pages with cover design?
Laurie Cohen

#2 Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer

My Best Roaring is All on Paper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Did you search under the e-publishing forum of this site for info. on that?

I have no idea, but I'll bet you can find your answers there.

#3 Pete Morin

Pete Morin

Nut Cracker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Some shorts published in obscure anthologies.
    Diary of a Small Fish, a first little piggy heading to market.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

Can I e-publish one short story as an entity? 5 pages with cover design?

Sure you can!

It's actually not a bad idea cuz it'll give you a chance (heh) to wrestle through the process without a great deal at stake.

I recommend you do it solely on Smashwords - they've got a very good how-to instructional program for formatting and all that.

It shouldn't cost you one dime, even if it does cost you a bit of sanity.Posted Image
Pete

Posted Image

Read Diary of a Small Fish
Read Uneasy Living

Blog - Pete Morin
Join me on Facebook

#4 Suzanne

Suzanne

Creative

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have published articles in the local papers. No mags or books yet.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Does it need a cover on Smashwords?
Laurie Cohen

#5 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Even if it's just something basic-- a picture with the title and your name-- it's to your benefit.

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#6 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and Winter's Regret in January 2014. Our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, was published in November 2013, and our second, Battery Brothers, in time for baseball's opening day, 2014. We're getting Billy Bobble Makes a Magic Wand by RS Mellette ready for publication on Dec. 1, 2014.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

And they are phasing out allowing no covers (if I read their stuff correctly. I need a nap.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users