moonim

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

Ok. This is whats going on. I've noticed that posts that were started before mine have made it back up to the top of the forum. How does that happen? I've responded to my thread, edited my original post, and everything; but my post is still on page three. Is there some trick to get it kicked back up, or is it a "number of replies" thing? Not trying to be a brat or anything, I just want to make the most of this site. Thanks. 

By getting critiques mainly. Or by posting in your own thread and saying REVISION ON POST!

And you get other critiques by critiquing others -- focus on people who say they will reciprocate. If you aren't helping others, its doubtful others will help you.

Its at the top again now.

#42 ChrisS

ChrisS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:Voluted Tales, Eternal Haunted Summer, and Beyond Imagination.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:48 AM

Does that mean there might be a problem submitting the query at a later time to an agent? Does it mean it may get rejected by an agent?

Sorry if it's a trivial question, but I'm new to querying.

NOTE: AQC is a PUBLIC forum. Posting your query in the query critique group on AQC WILL result in your query being searchable via the internet.

#43 ah_522

ah_522

I like Earl Grey macaroons.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:academic journal and publications, i'm currently querying my second MS

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

Does that mean there might be a problem submitting the query at a later time to an agent? Does it mean it may get rejected by an agent?

Sorry if it's a trivial question, but I'm new to querying.

NOTE: AQC is a PUBLIC forum. Posting your query in the query critique group on AQC WILL result in your query being searchable via the internet.

Generally, if an agent offers you rep and you accept, you need to go to the sites where you've posted your work (like AQC, AW, QT, etc) and delete those threads.

#44 ChrisS

ChrisS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:Voluted Tales, Eternal Haunted Summer, and Beyond Imagination.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

Generally, if an agent offers you rep and you accept, you need to go to the sites where you've posted your work (like AQC, AW, QT, etc) and delete those threads.

Ok. As long as it's not for the query itself :) It makes sense for the actual MS. Thanks :)

#45 serwich

serwich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:none

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

How am I supposed to post an edited version of my query? I saw on a reply below that I should, "ad a new revision?" - Do I do that by using the edit tab in the lower right corner?

Thanks

Also, How can I change the title of my post since I forgot to put the genre in the title? I can't seem to edit the title of the post for  some reason

Thanks

Never mind all of that; I think I answered all of my own questions.

#46 serwich

serwich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:none

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:45 PM

Is it possible to delete a reply to a thread, in particular a reply to my own thread (I put the edited version in at the bottom of the thread)?

#47 Alblau

Alblau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I wrote and edited mass-market fiction for twenty-three years, and my work included telephone interviews with people who were featured. My attempt at genre writing netted one horror story sale so far, "The Worst," in the July 2009 issue of the now-defunct Necrotic Tissue digest. My article about rent-a-room scams, "…And I'll Send You The Keys," appeared on-line in the October 9th New York Minute magazine.<br />I am seeking an agent for my memoir of the six months I spent in the homeless shelter system on Wards Island.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:35 AM

My query Enormous Island yielded excellent advice, but i cant find it.

#48 artbyandream

artbyandream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:None so far, I've just re-written my second manuscript and decided to start looking for agents.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hi, I made the mistake of posting the same (revised) query on a new topic, I'm not sure how I should go about it since I cant delete the topic myself. I'm sorry for this mistake, I can promise it wont happen again!

#49 elvir

elvir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:in-between agents
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

#50 elvir

elvir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:in-between agents
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

Void.

#51 IsabelleW

IsabelleW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:A few of my poems have been published, and one of my academic papers was accepted for submission at a conference and then published in a book from the conference.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Hi, my post seems to have double posted. How do I delete one of them? Or does it just appear doubled to me for some reason?

#52 JeffJustWrites

JeffJustWrites

Ethimékto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Seeking agent for a New Adult epistolary dark fantasy/horror novel.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

Can I post a query draft even if my WIP isn't finished yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users