#1 MattReeves

MattReeves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

The Basic Premise: I'm looking for a critique partner in crime.
Side note: Crime is optional.

The Motivation: Everyone in my life, on and offline, has suddenly decided they are incredibly busy.

The Proposal: Have access to my first 50 pages (equal to the first two chapters) as a trial to see how well we mesh in the process.

Here's a short bit about the work in question...

When fifteen-year-old Will Evans leaves the cobbled streets of London to visit his father in Cairo, his mind is far from the thoughts of war. Having survived the German bombings over the past year, he is more than pleased to leave the memories behind, if only for a short time.

But of course, that's before he sees the golden tablet nestled deep beneath his father’s museum, where he's thrown halfway across the basement floor in an act only God himself could explain. It's certainly before his eyes meet with those of the scantily dressed girl, the one whose eyes shine an unearthly red.

Barely grasping the situation, Will and the strange girl suddenly find themselves caught up in a deadly game of cat and mouse. Pursued by a group of German militants intent on killing them, the two begin a desperate search for a way out of not only the museum, but the country … all the while questioning whether they should trust those around them, let alone each other.

The first book in a planned series, THE SECOND BLITZ is a YA Historical Fantasy that explores the haunting journey two teenagers make during one of the world’s darkest hours and the visible mark they will leave behind with each step. Complete at 56,000 words.

If your interested, leave a comment and or send me a private message with your email.

As a note, in case your wondering, I don't take criticism personally. I understand the process and appreciate honest feedback, even if it's brutal at times (padding always helps though).

Sincerely,

And Rather Hopefully,

Matt

#2 Spencer_James

Spencer_James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:18 AM

Matt,

I am new to the site and have just finished writing my first book, it stills needs editing and proof reading but I am also looking for some unbiased feed back. Maybe we can assist each other?
Let me know and I will provide an overview of my book.

SJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users