Liza Martz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hi Matt,

You were kind enough to check out my query letter about my middle grade narrative nonfiction book on the Writer Writer Pants on Fire blog. I just wanted to thank you for your time and your insights. You indicated I might not be targeting the right age group and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of re-thinking it. Thanks for your help! Liza Martz

#2 Guest_enjamin_*

Guest_enjamin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

Two things: first, I presume that Taylor narrates what happens but that you provide interpretation, background and other important information. If so, that would imply that the target audience is more adult, more mature than the YA that has been suggested.

Second, you write about "...her first horrifying panic attacks...” The phrasing immediately made me wonder if she'd also had some non-horrifying panic attacks. Yes, I know it sounds silly, but you might want to consider rephrasing that.

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hi Liza, thanks for posting a new thread! I've not checked whether you've also posted the query over in the query section for some comments from others here at AQC, but that might not be a bad idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users