The martini is proof that God loves us.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:newspaper op-eds

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Very sorry to report that I received a call today from Moses Cardona of JHA to report the untimely death of my agent, John Hawkins. He was 71.

#2 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,151 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear that McFangus. I had read that he passed away and didn't put two and two together. Will you stay with the agency or will you seek representation elsewhere? (Not that it is any of my business, I am just curious what happens in cases such as these--whether the rest of the agency picks up the clients or not. It's tough either way, I'm sure.)

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

#3 mcfangus

mcfangus

The martini is proof that God loves us.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:newspaper op-eds

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that McFangus. I had read that he passed away and didn't put two and two together. Will you stay with the agency or will you seek representation elsewhere? (Not that it is any of my business, I am just curious what happens in cases such as these--whether the rest of the agency picks up the clients or not. It's tough either way, I'm sure.)

One of my books has been with Kensington for a couple of weeks now. They came back and requested all sorts of bio info on me and wanted to know if I had public speaking experience. Cardona promised to get in touch with the editor over there to see where we stand. As for seeking different representation, it depends on what Cardona has to say next week. I was thinking of switching, anyway, but John was a great guy.

#4 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

Break a pencil! (Good luck, that is.) Hoping something sweet comes your way.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

#5 Cheryl B. Dale

Cheryl B. Dale

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Category, ebooks, mystery

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Very sorry to report that I received a call today from Moses Cardona of JHA to report the untimely death of my agent, John Hawkins. He was 71.

Sorry, MCFang. Always sad when someone we know passes away, even if we only know them in a professional capacity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users