#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

You may not have liked him or you may have found him fascinating, but he usually inspired an opinion one way or the other. Christopher Hitchens, a brilliant essayist, died yesterday. I just thought I'd post this.

#2 Pete Morin

Pete Morin

Nut Cracker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Some shorts published in obscure anthologies.
    Diary of a Small Fish, a first little piggy heading to market.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Perhaps this means he'll discover whether he's been right or wrong all these years.
Pete

Posted Image

Read Diary of a Small Fish
Read Uneasy Living

Blog - Pete Morin
Join me on Facebook

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

I've been thinking about that much of the morning :happy:

#4 shawnrohrbach

shawnrohrbach

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:9 books and 1 script produced. Newest novel coming out in September 2016 and next script to be produced now in pre-production. Please visit my web site www.shawnrohrbach.com for a complete writing vitae

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Perhaps this means he'll discover whether he's been right or wrong all these years.

What i got from Hitchins was not so much a denial of eternal spiritual life, but a rejection of dumbed down theology intended to over simplify the truth and even mislead the masses. I had a classic Catholic seminary education through 4 years of Thomistic Philosophy and then two years of Systematic Theology and then a year in Jerusalem where I was supposed to be studying scripture and Hebrew, but actually spent all of my time at the Dead Sea Scroll research center in the late '70's. I liked that Hitchins had at least an appreciation and a thorough knowledge of those theological explanations, and that he and I came to very similar conclusions. Intelligent, conscious people see right through fabricated religions.

Shawn Rohrbach
www.shawnrohrbach.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users