#201 Caterina

Caterina

Zombie Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published my first book, Zombie Whisperer.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Awesome article that describes how does a bestseller happen: http://www.fourhourw...new-york-times/

#202 TBruce

TBruce

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:It's complicated...

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

New:
  • updated my aqc signature and profile, updated my email sig files
  • downloaded "FiRe field recorder" app for my iPad. Partook of a training on podcasting recently and people spoke very highly of using this ipad and their ipad to do interviews and record sessions at conferences which they then podcasted - so I'm going to give this a try at the NHWP conference on Sat. We'll see how that goes.
  • Started looking for a web guru to consult with about some changes I want to make to my site - I might need to migrate to a new platform (um, anyone know any affordable website consultants/designers)?
  • wrote a guest blog, got two other guest blogs I had submitted scheduled
  • realized my life will be simpler if I log into personal facebook and goodreads on one computer and writing facebook and goodreads on another so that I don't have to keep logging in and out.
  • got the CD with my the camera ready copies of my author photos. Yippee!
Good article, Cat - thanks for sharing! I found an article on how to get book review sites to like you but now I can't find it again...I'm sure I'll stumble across it somewhere; when I do I will post it.

--Terri

hereafter_cover_jpg_72_twitter.jpg

Terri Bruce--creating my own special blend of literary science fiction and fantasy
Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook Fan Page | Facebook Profile Page | Goodreads

#203 TBruce

TBruce

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:It's complicated...

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Okay, last post - the march wrap up:
Total # of website visitors - 4,639
Total # of unique visotors - 1,626

(Jan: 593/336, Feb: 1883/838)

Those aren't really huge numbers, but at this point I'm almost managing to double the # of unique visitors each month. Yay! If I can keep it up then I'll have something pretty solid by the time HEREAFTER comes out this fall. I've got a bunch more stuff planned that will continue to grow my visitors and every day I'm connecting with more bloggers and websites. I haven't really expanded beyond the book realm yet into the mythology, spirituality, and afterlife arenas either. So, once again, thank you Ruth!!!!

hereafter_cover_jpg_72_twitter.jpg

Terri Bruce--creating my own special blend of literary science fiction and fantasy
Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook Fan Page | Facebook Profile Page | Goodreads

#204 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,172 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Well, I did it. I started a newsletter for my It's All Kid's Play.ca website. (I've also been guest blogging to expand my reach and have a speaking/workshop engagement next week.)

Anyway, I started a newsletter. Everyone who has subscribed thus far is a friend, and I'm super excited about it and it was a lot of fun to create. (I even came out of the writing closet and told "real life" friends about it! Ack!) If you want to see what I decided to put in it or sign up for it to see what others are doing to expand their platform, feel free. Or if you want to ask me about newsletters, too, I'm here. (Although you may have to remind me to pop by as I keep forgetting what group this thread is in!!!)

I hope everyone is doing well!

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users