#1 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:NOT A DROP TO DRINK is a post-apocalyptic survival tale set in a world where freshwater is almost nonexistent. Available now from Katherine Tegen / Harper Collins.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

I want to finish up a revision, get it to RC for crit, and read her newest!

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and Winter's Regret in January 2014. Our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, was published in November 2013, and our second, Battery Brothers, in time for baseball's opening day, 2014.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

1) Publish anthology
2) Enjoy praise foisted on other writers
3) Profit.

Ok, I think 1 and 2 will happen. It's hard to profit when the price is Free.

I intend to also get back into gear on my WIP: goal is 5,000 words for the month. Modest and doable.

#3 K McClelland

K McClelland

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:I've had some poetry published in various poetry books, newspapers, and some online things-I don't remember the specifics though. No novel published, yet. Oh yeah-I have had some articles published in various newspapers as well, but-like the poetry- it's been a while...

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Get all of my revisions done on the completed MS and finish one of my wips.
"I don't write. My characters do."

"A good Storyteller is born from imagination; A good Writer is born from passion; A good Author is born from both."

Check out my blog

My Twitter

#4 Robin Breyer

Robin Breyer

Timelord & Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Smashwords, Kindle Direct Publishing, Createspace

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

1) relax
2) spend time with family
3) begin the never ending work of promoting my book(s)
4) work on some world building - need those fantasy pantheons of gods
5) work on some data maintenance (update my private wiki for my SF universe)
6) find the energy to start polishing Well of Dreams, my next Smashwords publication (I've done more editing passes on this MS than any other and I am dreading delving back into it)

Website, Blog

Writing as Scott Seldon:
Website, Blog, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and iTunes

Writing as Robert Courtland:

#5 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

OCD for the Good of Mankind

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:STITCHING SNOW will be published by Hyperion on October 14, 2014.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Get more than halfway through the shiny new WIP. A good chunk of that should happen next week when I don't have school.

And crit for BBC if she gets her revision done. :wink:
Stitching+Snow+Cover+Final+SMALL.jpg 
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

#6 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:NOT A DROP TO DRINK is a post-apocalyptic survival tale set in a world where freshwater is almost nonexistent. Available now from Katherine Tegen / Harper Collins.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Tomorrow's your last day of work in Feb - how's it looking? Are you going to hit these goals?

I think it's feasible for me to hit mine - 1st pass revision.

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

#7 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:STITCHING SNOW will be published by Hyperion on October 14, 2014.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Not nearly as far along on the WIP as I hoped to be, but I think what I *do* have is pretty solid. Some unexpected real-life things got in the way, particularly during my week-long break.

So, goal for March--crank out the rest of this WIP. Yeah, whole thing, done, by March 31st.
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

#8 Robin Breyer

Robin Breyer

Timelord & Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Tomorrow's your last day of work in Feb - how's it looking? Are you going to hit these goals?

That would be true if this wasn't a leap year. Wednesday is Feb 29th.

Website, Blog

Writing as Scott Seldon:

#9 Robin Breyer

Robin Breyer

Timelord & Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

As for my goals, I've done good on 1, 2, 3, and 6, but 4 and 5 have not happened. Probably won't by Wednesday at this point.

Website, Blog

Writing as Scott Seldon:

#10 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

That would be true if this wasn't a leap year. Wednesday is Feb 29th.

Stupid confusing Roman calendar.

#11 K McClelland

K McClelland

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:I've had some poetry published in various poetry books, newspapers, and some online things-I don't remember the specifics though. No novel published, yet. Oh yeah-I have had some articles published in various newspapers as well, but-like the poetry- it's been a while...

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

My Feb goals were a bit too ambitious, however, i did think i was done with revisions at one point. That counts, right? And my 2 WIPs are both still WIPs, but they're coming along. i'm going to aim for some real goals I can actually accomplish in March
"I don't write. My characters do."

"A good Storyteller is born from imagination; A good Writer is born from passion; A good Author is born from both."

Check out my blog

My Twitter

#12 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and Winter's Regret in January 2014. Our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, was published in November 2013, and our second, Battery Brothers, in time for baseball's opening day, 2014.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'll have to double check the word count, but I think I've met my goal on the WIP. Perhaps more importantly, I've met the goal of publishing Spring Fevers. And I'm loving the praise foisted on the writers whose work is included. Really loving it. Congrats to everyone!

#13 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

I want to finish up a revision, get it to RC for crit, and read her newest!

Well, the revision isn't *quite* finished, but the hardest parts are behind me. There is the possibility that I could sweep through the last 50 or so pages this afternoon, thus still hitting my writing goal for the month, but failing my crit partner miserably. #critpartnerfail

#14 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well, the revision isn't *quite* finished, but the hardest parts are behind me. There is the possibility that I could sweep through the last 50 or so pages this afternoon, thus still hitting my writing goal for the month, but failing my crit partner miserably. #critpartnerfail

That's okay. Your crit partner hasn't been terribly focused this month. :blush:
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users