#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Nice little bit about platform and ways to develop it

http://www.huffingto..._b_1284931.html

#2 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

That was great, thanks. I'm trying to build my platform right now, actually. Not sure if I'm ready for a teleseminar. I might mention that there are things called Twitter Parties and other such things as well. They are like chats, but with give-aways. I looove using Twitter to connect with 'experts' in my field(s). It's pretty darn cool. Although sometimes I'm like, "I'm tweeting with Expert X!!!! I really wish I had something profound and brilliant to say, because this person is so freaking awesome and I want to knock their socks off!!!"

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

#3 E.M. LaBonte

E.M. LaBonte

Trial by fire, isn't that what all dragons do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

OMG, I know what you mean Jean. I get all tongue/finger tied, and end up saying not much of anything. :huh:

For in all the world there is much to be seen, but much more lies in the imagination. Just don't forget to add the dragons. Dragons make everything better.

#4 JoeB

JoeB

Ascended Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:self published Journeys of Intent, Firewalkers, The Ultimate Gift: Loving Blood, and Christine's Cross now online at Smashwords.com and Amazon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

I find it interesting where someone, like Arielle Ford on that link, can brag about how great they are at building OUR name as a top author. All we need to do is pay $497.00 for the least expensive course she offers. Why sell a book for $20.00? A friend from FB in London wants to help me build a platform, also giving away other authors products for sale prices on my site. Like Arielle Ford, offer other incentives to market me. I find I'm helping the other authors more than myself. Once you sign up for their freebies, they got your email address and they sell your name and you begin to recieve all types of offers for hundreds of dollars.

I guess the key is to see through the marketing ploys and pull out the bits of information that applies to you.
Thanks for the help. It is very much appreciated!!!
http://joebiancardi.weebly.com
http://journeysofintent.weebly.com

#5 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Nemune, yeah. It's that 'hmmm. Am I going to sound like an over-excited dork?' The answer is probably. So usually I carry on anyways. :laugh:

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users