Disclaimer

Photo

Why Giving Away Thousands Of Free Books Is A Good ThingGreat post by UK author Tony James Slater.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dgaughran

dgaughran

Let's Get Digital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:I've published short stories and one NF title, with a novel due in the Fall.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Some of you may have been following Tony James Slater's amazing free run to the top of the charts in the US and the UK, followed by a stunning bounce up the paid charts. He's on my blog today to explain how he did it, and I spill the beans on first meeting Tony two years ago at a boozy conference in York.

While on the surface the following may seem to be a KDP Select success story, it’s actually something a little more important than that: a testament to the power of determination, and proof that even the most niche of books can be a self-publishing success story, a book that every agent in the UK said there was no market for.

Why Giving Away Thousands Of Free Books Is A Good Thing
Posted Image   Posted Image http://ecx.images-am...+yL._SL125_.jpg   http://ecx.images-am...91L._SL125_.jpg <---NEW RELEASE!!!
Download the FREE PDF version at my blog: Let's Get Digital
I have a new blog where I share curious incidents from the history of the world's most exotic continent: South Americana

#2 Peter Burton

Peter Burton

Court Jester and Wanna Be Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Bookmarked! :biggrin:

Great post , David.

"But that's OK. There's treasure children always seek to find.

And just like us, you must have had, a Once Upon A Time."

~Elton John

#3 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,016 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Very great! Lots of other great stuff on your site as well, David. Thanks for sharing! (Found you on Facebook too. Don't want to miss more than I have.)

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users