5 replies to this topic

#1 Cherry Pie

Cherry Pie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Published in local anthologies, won local writing contest and Writer's Digest writing contest

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

I was told you should never name your book after the main character unless the MC has a really interesting name. Is this an interesting enough MC name to use it as a title?

#2 Jason Beineke

Jason Beineke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published author of one YA epic fantasy novel, Blackstone: Drawing the Circle.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Er, the title seems slightly redundant as Luna means moon. Wold be interested in knowing more about the story, thouh.

#3 Dan

Dan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:I've written articles on travel and the arts for a British newspaper. I'm also a graduate of Long Ridge Writers.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Luna Moon is a big . . . maybe. I can't decide. I was going to dismiss it for the reason Jason mentions but then again...

#4 Julez

Julez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

I like the title. I thought it was a character’s name before I read your post, so it works for me.

#5 Cherry Pie

Cherry Pie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Published in local anthologies, won local writing contest and Writer's Digest writing contest

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yes Luna Moon is the main character's name but I just realized I want to make this a 4 book series so I have to think of a name that distinguishes it from the other 3 books. In the book, 14 year old Luna sees a white wolf in the forrest. The locals think the wolf is killing cattle, they call it Perro Fantasma, which means Ghost Dog. They are terrified of it and want it dead, she tries to save it. So I was thinking of either LUNA MOON AND PERRO FANTASMA OR LUNA MOON AND THE GHOST DOG. What do you think?

#6 Katarinea

Katarinea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

Perro Fantasma is much more interesting than just "The Ghost Dog". You could shorten or change up the character's name a bit to make it sound a little less redundant. For instance, MISS MOON AND PERRO FANTASMA has some nice alliteration! Or even something like "Little Moon", or just "Luna".

THE WRAITHTOUCHED INHERITANCE (YA Fantasy)

Life was easier before Lina learned she had someone else's memories.

Now she has identity issues and ten thousand people to save.

(Query Thread)

Draft #2 finished. Draft/Edit #3 in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users