Veteran Hufflepuff Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Some poetry

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

It is amazing! Neil Blair, I think, is the agent's name, and he is open to submissions! Email, first 10 pages to submissions@theblairpartnership.com

http://www.theblairpartnership.com/ is their website.

You have to click the taking care of authors blue link thing to see the submission part. But I am beyond excited! Even though they are in the UK, I'm sending them a query! This is amazing new to me (I'm a HUGGEE JK Rowling fan! :laugh: :wub: :biggrin: ). I know I'm going to get rejected, but I don't care: simply sending them a query and getting a rejection is beyond exciting for me, and a HUGGEE honor!!

3-4 weeks is their standard response time! Is anyone else as excited as I am?! AHH!!! :biggrin: (I need more smileys to show my excitement)
SC_Author on Twitter

and SCWrite.blogspot.com for my blog :)

I am blogging about all things writing and JK Rowling. I also divulge secrets about the craft.

Because writers are insane. Being a writer is misery. And, as we all know, misery loves company :)

#2 Cheryl B. Dale

Cheryl B. Dale

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Category, ebooks, mystery

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Just an FYI

He's her new agent. She split with the one who originally repped all the Harry Potters last year.

#3 SC_Author

SC_Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Who, Christopher Little? Yea, but she went with Blair, who worked with Little. I think she might have had her own reasons to do so.
SC_Author on Twitter

I am blogging about all things writing and JK Rowling. I also divulge secrets about the craft.

Because writers are insane. Being a writer is misery. And, as we all know, misery loves company :)

#4 Jason Beineke

Jason Beineke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published author of one YA epic fantasy novel, Blackstone: Drawing the Circle.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

And by now Mr. Blair is probably already buried up to the eyeballs by queries :wink:

#5 Kristina

Kristina

Vampire in the last life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:None so far... But if you're psychic, you already know whose book you'll be buying in a few years. :)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

I know I'm going to get rejected, but I don't care: simply sending them a query and getting a rejection is beyond exciting for me, and a HUGGEE honor!!

You have to go get something called self-confidence, you know? :tongue: That attitude won't take you anywhere. Thorough research + killer query + excellent story = offer. Sounds hard? Well, it's true.
“I am not afraid that the book will be controversial, I’m afraid it will not be controversial.” - Flannery O’Connor

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” - Richard Bach

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” - Anton Chekhov

Follow me on Twitter

#6 SC_Author

SC_Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

You have to go get something called self-confidence, you know? :tongue: That attitude won't take you anywhere. Thorough research + killer query + excellent story = offer. Sounds hard? Well, it's true.

Kristina, you're bringing me down :happy: I do have self-confidence, but I'm just super excited to get anything back from them, and I don't really mind if it is a rejection or not :biggrin:
SC_Author on Twitter

#7 Giant Baby

Giant Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Two sold to Simon & Schuster.
    Release One January 2015.
    Release Two January 2016.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Kristina, you're bringing me down :happy: I do have self-confidence, but I'm just super excited to get anything back from them, and I don't really mind if it is a rejection or not :biggrin:

Aw, they rejected me back in November...

Want it? :biggrin:
“Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice.” ― Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

#8 Kristina

Kristina

Vampire in the last life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:None so far... But if you're psychic, you already know whose book you'll be buying in a few years. :)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Didn't mean anything bad...
“I am not afraid that the book will be controversial, I’m afraid it will not be controversial.” - Flannery O’Connor

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” - Richard Bach

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” - Anton Chekhov

Follow me on Twitter

#9 Cherry Pie

Cherry Pie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Published in local anthologies, won local writing contest and Writer's Digest writing contest

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Just sent it! It felt pretty awesome to click that send button! :smile:

#10 SC_Author

SC_Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Didn't mean anything bad...

Haha, oh no, sorry if I came across mean, I'm just excited, that's all :) Thanks though!

Aw, they rejected me back in November...

Want it? :biggrin:

I'm kind of excited to see their form rejection... I don't know why, but I'm going to be framing it!!

Cherry Pie, I'm kind of nervous to send mine... I'm going to send it once I'm completely sure of it hehe :)
SC_Author on Twitter

#11 Whimsical_Werecat

Whimsical_Werecat

The Prowler of Prose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Award-winning short story, FINAL FLIGHT, published by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling series), published by Starsea Press, available in eBook format at all leading online retailers.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling Series), published by Starsea Press, paperback edition available at numerous retailers, including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Booktopia and Fishpond.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Wow, what a great opportunity! It certainly doesn't hurt to send your query off and see what happens. You never know, right? :wink:

#12 JayMG

JayMG

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:My novel was published by a small UK press in July 2014. I also have short works published in various UK and US literary magazines.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Ha, is it bad that I'm interested because they're one of the few UK agents who accept email submissions. Snail mail is such a pain in the arse...

#13 Michelle_in_WI

Michelle_in_WI

Slightly-Less-New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first YA novel will be published by Month 9 Books in December 2013.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Not to be Debbie Downer (because it *would* be quite fun to query her agent :smile: ), but as a first time author, do you really want JK Rowling's agent? How much of a priority will you be, and how much time/devotion are they going to put forth on a new writer when they have Ms. Rowling and her empire to tend?
If you have time, check out my blog. Thanks for reading!

#14 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

SC! WHY HAVE YOU NOT TOLD ME OF THIS???

How much of a priority will you be, and how much time/devotion are they going to put forth on a new writer when they have Ms. Rowling and her empire to tend?

Don't ruin my fantasy with reality.

Though...I am still hoping for Danielle Chiotti!
Shadow's Dawn (EF) -- Querying/ Editing

Morning Darkness (EF) -- WIP

Evening Light and untitled fourth book (EF) -- Outlining/Planning

#15 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,143 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

I totally get the excitement of querying the agent of an author that you totally love. I remember when I queried the agents of some of my most beloved authors. The feeling of rubbing elbows with the people who are connected to my heroes. To think that they had read something of mine (even if just a query). It was awesome. It makes you feel like a real author. And the potential. Ahhh. Dreaming of the potential can keep you on a high for days. Sometimes we need that feeling. That excitement. And yeah, our chances are low, and the agent might not have a lot of time for a newbie. But then again--they might. They might have the seeds we need to make us better than we could ever dream.

So go for it guys! Follow your dreams and be excited! Let that enthusiasm roll over you and make you giddy. (And snub your nose at reality when you need to. We get enough of that every day.) :biggrin:

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

#16 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES to be published by Albury Books November 1, 2013.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Though...I am still hoping for Danielle Chiotti!

She's on my A list.

#17 SC_Author

SC_Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

SC! WHY HAVE YOU NOT TOLD ME OF THIS???

I thought I did! When we were talking about her new book! Oh wait... maybe I didn't. Haha, sorry :) Are you going to send a query?

The feeling of rubbing elbows with the people who are connected to my heroes. To think that they had read something of mine (even if just a query). It was awesome.

I think that is my favorite mind-numbing idea in my head right now :) Still haven't sent the query though...
SC_Author on Twitter

#18 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Are you going to send a query?

Well, duh. After my query goes through yet another round of edits. I swear, I have spent more time editing the freaking query than my manuscript!

@Lanette -- OH, I HOPE SHE RESPONDS SOOON! She seems so wonderful and amazing! It was a huge risk to query her, even a little request would make me happy!
Shadow's Dawn (EF) -- Querying/ Editing

Morning Darkness (EF) -- WIP

Evening Light and untitled fourth book (EF) -- Outlining/Planning

#19 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES to be published by Albury Books November 1, 2013.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

@Lanette -- OH, I HOPE SHE RESPONDS SOOON! She seems so wonderful and amazing! It was a huge risk to query her, even a little request would make me happy!

I hope you get that request from her. I haven't sent off my query, yet. I'm still polishing, but I researched and made a list of 75 agents.

#20 JordanF

JordanF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I totally get the excitement of querying the agent of an author that you totally love. I remember when I queried the agents of some of my most beloved authors. The feeling of rubbing elbows with the people who are connected to my heroes. To think that they had read something of mine (even if just a query). It was awesome. It makes you feel like a real author. And the potential. Ahhh. Dreaming of the potential can keep you on a high for days. Sometimes we need that feeling. That excitement. And yeah, our chances are low, and the agent might not have a lot of time for a newbie. But then again--they might. They might have the seeds we need to make us better than we could ever dream.

So go for it guys! Follow your dreams and be excited! Let that enthusiasm roll over you and make you giddy. (And snub your nose at reality when you need to. We get enough of that every day.) :biggrin:

Well said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users