#1 suicidalballoons

suicidalballoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm Mark. I've written two completed novels, and I'm currently querying the latter (EMBER). I've posted my query in the Query Critiques section, and it'd be grand if you'd take a look at it.

Um...I don't know what else to say, so here's five random things:
1. Current favorite author— John Green
2. All-time favorite novel— To Kill a Mockingbird
3. I'm fourteen.
4. I've occasionally pitched EMBER as DIVERGENT meets THE FAULT IN OUR STARS.
5. I often use words long since fallen out of fashion (grand, rather, indeed, quite, swimmingly)

Also, quick newbie question: does anyone know how to change your signature on here? Thanks. :P
Follow me on twitter: @mobrienbooks
Stalk me on blogger: markobrienwrites.blogger.com

#2 deidre havrelock

deidre havrelock

Deidre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I sold a book a while back, but was released from my contract in order to rework the material into memoir. I've had two agents in the past. I'm looking for that special agent that everyone says is out there-the one who believes in you as a writer.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi! Welcome to query connect—if you are in the oftentimes horrific proposal / query letter process and are hunting for that elusive agent OR… if you have decided to go the ebook way…then join me at The Agent Challenge. After all, the proposal process isn’t just for agents. A proposal is your marketing strategy! Also, I’m giving away the 2012 big book of agents or a book from one of our mentors. Drawing from followers at the end of February!
http://www.theagentc...ge.blogspot.com
Posted ImagePosted Image
[entry='http://theagentchallenge.blogspot.com']Deidre Havrelock[/entry]

#3 K McClelland

K McClelland

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:I've had some poetry published in various poetry books, newspapers, and some online things-I don't remember the specifics though. No novel published, yet. Oh yeah-I have had some articles published in various newspapers as well, but-like the poetry- it's been a while...

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hey and Welcome to the group :happy:

Go to your profile, click on the edit profile button, look to the left where there are a list of things to pick from and one should be signature. That's where you edit your signature. Hope that helps.
"I don't write. My characters do."

"A good Storyteller is born from imagination; A good Writer is born from passion; A good Author is born from both."

Check out my blog

My Twitter

#4 Kristina

Kristina

Vampire in the last life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:None so far... But if you're psychic, you already know whose book you'll be buying in a few years. :)

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

Another teen? Yay! :biggrin:
Welcome!
“I am not afraid that the book will be controversial, I’m afraid it will not be controversial.” - Flannery O’Connor

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” - Richard Bach

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” - Anton Chekhov

Follow me on Twitter

#5 suicidalballoons

suicidalballoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Thanks everyone! :D
Follow me on twitter: @mobrienbooks
Stalk me on blogger: markobrienwrites.blogger.com

#6 Leonhart7676

Leonhart7676

Dylan Goodman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My writing has not been published as of yet, but I do intend to no matter the degree of difficulty it may present.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Welcome! This site is a wonderful place for writers both young and old, but it's nice to see another teenager. I haven't been here for long but, I have found it quite useful. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users