Disclaimer

Photo

goodreads author profile - how can you change it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Dillon

Paul Dillon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Debut novel published by Mark Williams international Digital Publishing July 2012

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Some of my AQC goodreads friends are listed as goodreads Authors. I'm assuming you need to have books on sale to qualify. My question for AQCers that have author profiles is this:

When my novel goes on sale, will I be able to change my profile to author or do I have to start a new profile. My main reason for asking is that I want to start networking on goodreads but don't want to waste time if I have to start a new author account.

If you can change profile, how? where is the URL?

Thanks

#2 Caterina

Caterina

Zombie Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published my first book, Zombie Whisperer.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hey Paul,

The only way I was able to get a goodreads author profile was when I listed my book for sale and then created my book on goodreads. Then, when you click on your name for the author under the book you just listed on their website, it takes you to an author page where you can claim it as your own. Goodreads will then need to verify it's ok.

It's not a new profile, it's a combined one of your current. Here's mine: http://www.goodreads...Caterina_Torres

I wasn't able to get that until i put my book on their website. But as you can see, i still have all my old friends from before on there.

#3 Paul Dillon

Paul Dillon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Debut novel published by Mark Williams international Digital Publishing July 2012

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks Caterina. I was hoping that would be the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users