#1 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

This does not surprise me: http://www.telegraph...ales-slump.html

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or to read free samples
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

#2 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. I think before long, all print books will be POD (even via big publishers).

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#3 the transylvanian

the transylvanian

Writing as Camilia Crandell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:I am the founder of InTown Books, helping new authors self publish and distribute their books in Atlanta. If you are interested for me to purchase your books and if you are self published on Amazon, send me a message.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I must confess that I have not bought a printed book in two years but last year I bought at least 26 e - books. It is fast and convenient. :wink:

But considering that a good part of readers prefers the traditional way, it is still hope left for the printed book for a short while. Of course for the younger generation, paper, is a fish out of waters. :unsure:

Imagination is better than knowledge  - Einstein

#4 Rick Spilman

Rick Spilman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My novel Hell Around the Horn is published by Old Salt Press

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

As an aside, I find the language to be both confusing and possibly amusing.

Britons bought 7.6 million novels over the first eight weeks of 2012, almost two and a half million fewer than they bought in the opening weeks of 2011, new figures show.

Putting aside snide comments about be divided by a common language, I have no idea what that actually means. Is that a net figure including ebooks and printed books or does it represent only printed books? Based on the subtitle, "sales of printed novels have fallen by a quarter in the first two months of this year" it appears that the Telegraph's James Hall is referring to only printed books, but if so, what is a novel delivered as an ebook to be called in his lexicon?

#5 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. I think before long, all print books will be POD (even via big publishers).

Yeah, after listening to my publisher explain why they do POD, I can't figure out why the "big boys" continue to do business the way they do. As Tom Petty once sang, "The future's wide open."

I must confess that I have not bought a printed book in two years but last year I bought at least 26 e - books. It is fast and convenient. :wink:

Same practice here with me! Only time I buy a dead tree book is usually something for research that isn't available as an e-book.

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or to read free samples
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users