#1 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

This does not surprise me: http://www.telegraph...ales-slump.html

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or read free samples (The Fortune release date: 10-21-14)
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

#2 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. I think before long, all print books will be POD (even via big publishers).

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#3 the transylvanian

the transylvanian

Writing as Camilia Crandell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:My paranormal THE TRANSYLVANIANS, was picked up by a publisher and it's set to be release in the summer of 2014.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I must confess that I have not bought a printed book in two years but last year I bought at least 26 e - books. It is fast and convenient. :wink:

But considering that a good part of readers prefers the traditional way, it is still hope left for the printed book for a short while. Of course for the younger generation, paper, is a fish out of waters. :unsure:

Imagination is better than knowledge  - Einstein

tnTheTransylvaniansLoveAndWar.jpg

#4 Rick Spilman

Rick Spilman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My novel Hell Around the Horn is published by Old Salt Press

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

As an aside, I find the language to be both confusing and possibly amusing.

Britons bought 7.6 million novels over the first eight weeks of 2012, almost two and a half million fewer than they bought in the opening weeks of 2011, new figures show.

Putting aside snide comments about be divided by a common language, I have no idea what that actually means. Is that a net figure including ebooks and printed books or does it represent only printed books? Based on the subtitle, "sales of printed novels have fallen by a quarter in the first two months of this year" it appears that the Telegraph's James Hall is referring to only printed books, but if so, what is a novel delivered as an ebook to be called in his lexicon?

#5 S.K. Keogh

S.K. Keogh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut historical novel, THE PRODIGAL, was published in 2012 by Fireship Press. My second novel, THE ALLIANCE, was released in Dec 2013. Currently I am querying agents with another historical novel.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. I think before long, all print books will be POD (even via big publishers).

Yeah, after listening to my publisher explain why they do POD, I can't figure out why the "big boys" continue to do business the way they do. As Tom Petty once sang, "The future's wide open."

I must confess that I have not bought a printed book in two years but last year I bought at least 26 e - books. It is fast and convenient. :wink:

Same practice here with me! Only time I buy a dead tree book is usually something for research that isn't available as an e-book.

SKKeogh.com

http://www.facebook.com/S.K.Keogh

Click to purchase your copy or read free samples (The Fortune release date: 10-21-14)
Photobucket.jpg19279504.jpgSmallCover_zpsa4ea36fe.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users