Disclaimer

Photo

Blogiversary Flash Fiction Contest by FTWA--deadline April 18thmax 500 words--win published books by AQC members!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,121 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Here's the linky: http://www.fromthewr...ry-contest.html

A Blogiversary Contest!

From the Write Angle is one year old! We can't believe it has been a year already. To celebrate our birthday month, and to thank you, our loyal fans and readers, we're having a contest!

• What: Flash fiction, maximum 500 words
  • Requirements: You must use each of the following words in your entry: paper, crew, callipygian, angle, novel. Other than that, there's no specific theme. It's up to you. Have fun with it!
  • Deadline: Entries must be received by midnight (EDT) on Wednesday, April 18th 2012
  • Method of entry: email your entry to fromthewriteangle@gmail.com with your flash fiction pasted in the body of the email. Please don't send any attachments.
  • Results: the Write Angle Crew will read and collectively decide on two winners, which will be announced here on the blog on Friday, April 27th.
Important: By entering, you agree to let us publish your flash fiction on this web site if you're one of the winners.

We would love if you would tweet or otherwise share this post and spread the word about the contest. We'd also love for you to subscribe to our blog. However, these are not requirements for contest entry.

One last thing... PRIZES! Two lucky winners will receive book by Write Angle crew members.

1st Place: 2 Print books

The Sister Queens, by our own Sophie Perinot

Spring Fevers short story anthology edited by our own Matt Sinclair, with stories from FTWA writers Cat Woods, J. Lea Lopez, R.S. Mellette and Mindy McGinnis. (Cover design by our amazing Calista Taylor, and interior design by R.C. Lewis) Currently only available in eBook format, you'll be one of the first to get your hands on a paperback copy!

2nd Place: 2 eBooks

Devil on a Sparrow's Wing, by Calista Taylor. This is the second in a series. You can get the first book, Viridis, free here so when you win this prize, you'll be ready for the sequel!

The Watchtower, by Darke Conteur

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and Winter's Regret in January 2014. Our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, was published in November 2013, and our second, Battery Brothers, in time for baseball's opening day, 2014.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

And our own Robb Grindstaff, we can't forget him. In fact, all the writers with stories in Spring Fevers happen to be AQC writers, though it wasn't required. And yes, the winner will be among the first to have one of the paperbacks! Very exciting.

#3 Twyx

Twyx

Lover of Pistachio Ice Cream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Nada, zip, zilch. Open to all offers.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm having a hard time finding information about who won this contest. Is there an update about the contest I'm missing?

- Update - I found the winners. Congrats!

Second place - Martina Cote-Kunz tied with Ty Unglebower
First place - Joan Cusick

WTG!
Living in a dream house, door's always open.

#4 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My novel, The Sister Queens (the story of 13th century sisters Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence who became the queens of France and England respectively) is now on shelves everywhere (and is also available on-line at Amazon, IndieBound, Books a Million, and Barnes and Noble).

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

http://www.fromthewr...inners-are.html Here you are :)
Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users