#1 HomeSweetStarbucks

HomeSweetStarbucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I've been staring at these for hours and can't decide which one I want to run with. I'd love to get any feedback so I can just move on!!
  • Being subjected to psychological warfare at the hands of her co-workers wasn’t exactly what Amelia Clarke had in mind when she was in law school, but welcome to the world of Biglaw where fear, intimidation and the occasional threat of violence are the tactics used to get associates to work harder, stay late and never, ever make a mistake.
  • When Amelia Clarke lands a job at a prestigious law firm in NYC she had visions of expensive suits, attractive colleagues, and glamorous offices overlooking the skyline. Not one of those fantasies included pointing an air canister at her colleague, zapping him with cold air in an effort to wake him from his coke-induced haze.
  • Perched in glittering New York City skyscrapers, a collection of elite law firms lure thousands of Ivy League graduates with promises obscene salaries, generous perks and offices that are run like small cities. This is the world of Biglaw.
  • Amelia Clarke has mountain of student loan debt and a coveted position at a prestigious law firm in NYC that could bail her out of it. She just needs to keep her head down and work. It sounded so easy to her when she accepted the offer at Freedman &Downs, but that was before she realized that a penchant for psychological warfare was practically a job requirement.

#2 Cat Porter

Cat Porter

Kitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published in a poetry book displaying the work of young authors in Kentucky. I also had two articles published in my high school yearbook, but does that really count?

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

# 1

#3 HomeSweetStarbucks

HomeSweetStarbucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

That's the one my husband chose too. I was leaning towards #4, so its good to get another point of view. Thank you!

#4 Cat Porter

Cat Porter

Kitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published in a poetry book displaying the work of young authors in Kentucky. I also had two articles published in my high school yearbook, but does that really count?

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Your welcome. I just like the almost sarcastic feel of it.

#5 Malz

Malz

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Proud indie author =)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

I also agree with #1
Rules are meant to be broken.

#6 Peter Burton

Peter Burton

Court Jester and Wanna Be Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

I also like #1.

"But that's OK. There's treasure children always seek to find.

And just like us, you must have had, a Once Upon A Time."

~Elton John

#7 HomeSweetStarbucks

HomeSweetStarbucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm happy that I posted this and avoided going to far down the wrong road.

#8 Joey

Joey

Owner of an Evil Little Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Newspaper articles in hometown newspaper on medicine and specialty insurance topics. Stop by my blog where refreshing iced is served after swift, verbal punches are thrown.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Like #1, but would have it begin with: "Welcome to the world of Biglaw where fear, intimidation and the occasional threat of violence are the tactics used to get associates like Amelia Clark to work harder, stay late and never, ever make a mistake."

Visit my blog! www.joeyfrancisco.blogspot.com

JoeynGA on Twitter!

"Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."

~Mark Twain

#9 Cat Porter

Cat Porter

Kitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

I second what Joey said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users