#21 anne

anne

annequinn (mother's maiden name)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:two op-eds Hartford Courant; miscellaneous op-eds in local journals; two short stories and a couple poems in Long River Review; recepient of Jennie Hackman Memorial prize for short fiction two consecutive years. Most recent publication @ amazon.com a psychological thriller, The Sins of Dom (a novella) and They Think That I Am Somewhat

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

It's easy to manipulate the "kindle indent." Just go to format paragraph in Word and under "Special" just put "First Line" and something like .25" and that's what the Kindle reads to indent all lines. If you want no indention for any paragraph, then you just put 0.01" under the "By" heading.

I use MobiPocket Creator to convert my word files into .PRC files (which can be used to upload to KDP). What's great about this is that you can preview exactly what the ebook is going to look like using the Kindle Previewer that you can download onto the PC.

This guide here is great to go by: http://www.agentquer...ndle_ebook.aspx

Best way to do it is make a .doc file, then save it as Web Filtered HTML, then use MobiPocket to convert it and then upload to KDP.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. MobiPocket lets you preview the active hyperlinks in toc. Also, paragraph indent set at 0.3 (Line first space etc) ....read in Smashwords Style Guide and somewhere else maybe KDP Guidelines that this indent is best and then save as HTML web filtered doc. Also, eliminate line spacing. :smile: But maybe ya'll know that one already. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users