#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,342 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Ms. van Hylckama Vlieg sent us her info.; she is looking for more adult romance clients and well as children's books, middle grade and young adult writers.

She is also a writer of supernatural YA and MG fiction and is represented by Laurie McLean, also if Larsen Pomada Literary Agents.

You can view her full AQ agent profile here: http://agentquery.co...px?agentid=1186

#2 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,143 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

You will notice that MG is becoming popular. It is the middle child of the publishing world. The market before YA and after the picture book/chapter book phase. I think I called this one. Didn't I? Maybe not. Maybe I just started toying with writing in the category. <Makes a note to get the hell on it!>

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

#3 Whimsical_Werecat

Whimsical_Werecat

The Prowler of Prose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Award-winning short story, FINAL FLIGHT, published by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling series), published by Starsea Press, available in eBook format at all leading online retailers.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling Series), published by Starsea Press, paperback edition available at numerous retailers, including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Booktopia and Fishpond.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hey, good to know another agent is eager for more YA and MG! Thanks for posting AQ!

#4 Luna

Luna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Does anyone know if Larsen Pomada is a no from one = no from all agency?

#5 AmandaBurckhard

AmandaBurckhard

Amanda Burckhard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

She posted on Twitter today she is closed to queries until August. Just thought I'd let you all know

#6 SC_Author

SC_Author

Veteran Hufflepuff Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Some poetry

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Ah, I was wondering why she wasn't replying! Thanks for the post, Amanda. I was about to go crazy trying to find some glitch in Yahoo mail
SC_Author on Twitter

and SCWrite.blogspot.com for my blog :)

I am blogging about all things writing and JK Rowling. I also divulge secrets about the craft.

Because writers are insane. Being a writer is misery. And, as we all know, misery loves company :)

#7 AmandaBurckhard

AmandaBurckhard

Amanda Burckhard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

SC if you sent your query before yesterday I'm sure she'll answer you. She just isn't accepting new queries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users