Disclaimer

Photo

Query that received two full's and a partial in a week.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 M.B. Campbell

M.B. Campbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel "The Tenebrae" is currently under a contract offer.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

This is the query I have been sending out and have been asked for two fulls and one partial in a weeks time.

An ancient artifact may hold the cure that a father needs to save his dying daughter but disturbing it could change humanity forever.

When Sam Watkin’s daughter, Jody, falls into a coma from a horrific car crash, he vows to find a cure by any means necessary. Feeling responsible for Jody’s injuries and unable to find a cure, Sam finds unexpected help from a strange man who promises him a cure. With hope dwindling, Sam follows the instructions given to him by the man which lead him to a remote area where he finds a small metallic device buried in the ground. His transcriptions of the hieroglyphic markings suggest the artifact contains the key to immortality. He becomes tormented by visions of indescribable human suffering and questions the artifacts true meaning.

Blinded by the desire to save her, Sam casts aside the visions and breaks the artifact’s seal in hopes of saving his daughter. The artifact instead opens a gateway for the Tenebrae, an ancient cannibalistic civilization that has returned to enslave the human race as surrogates in their hellish dimension. Sam immediately falls unconscious from a large blast erupting from the gateway.

Sam wakes years later only remembering pieces of his past and his dying daughter. Unable to find Jody, he enlists the help of a few survivors living in underground caverns unaware of the secret pact they hold with the Tenebrae. Sam plans to destroy the artifact but the survivors soon turn on him. When they reveal that Jody's life is what keeps the gateway open, Sam must choose between preserving the life of his daughter or saving mankind.

THE TENEBRAE is a science fiction thriller complete at 88,000 words.

#2 NikLee

NikLee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

A lot of emotion in this query; no wonder you've gotten such a response. Great work, and good luck with the requests!

#3 vbrown

vbrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS South

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

this sounds really cool! good luck with the requests, i hope you make it :)

#4 robiiehood

robiiehood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS South

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

This is really good! My fingers are crossed for you!

#5 Kilomara

Kilomara

Query Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:A couple of editing jobs

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

That certainly is a dilemma! Any progress with it since then?

My Query: http://agentquerycon...day-mainstream/

My Synopsis: http://agentquerycon...day-mainstream/

"Do what you must until you can do what you love. Do what you love until you no longer must. Then just do what you love."

#6 misfitdevil99

misfitdevil99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Not one single thing. Which is rather sad considering I've been telling stories since i was a child.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

This reads tight! Can't wait to hear some updates.

I'm totally not; therefore, I write like I am.

Me on the Twitter: https://twitter.com/...ang=?lang=en,en

#7 M.B. Campbell

M.B. Campbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel "The Tenebrae" is currently under a contract offer.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Update:

I have received one contract offer to publish from a small press (Cosmic Egg). I am still going over the contract and waiting for the response from another agent who requested the full manuscript.

#8 bizziq

bizziq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Three short stories published online.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Congrats! Keep us updated with what happens. Sounds like a good story!

#9 Jeremiah Ex

Jeremiah Ex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

This is the query I have been sending out and have been asked for two fulls and one partial in a weeks time.

An ancient artifact may hold the cure that a father needs to save his dying daughter but disturbing it could change humanity forever.

When Sam Watkin’s daughter, Jody, falls into a coma from a horrific car crash, he vows to find a cure by any means necessary. Feeling responsible for Jody’s injuries and unable to find a cure, Sam finds unexpected help from a strange man who promises him a cure. With hope dwindling, Sam follows the instructions given to him by the man which lead him to a remote area where he finds a small metallic device buried in the ground. His transcriptions of the hieroglyphic markings suggest the artifact contains the key to immortality. He becomes tormented by visions of indescribable human suffering and questions the artifacts true meaning.

Blinded by the desire to save her, Sam casts aside the visions and breaks the artifact’s seal in hopes of saving his daughter. The artifact instead opens a gateway for the Tenebrae, an ancient cannibalistic civilization that has returned to enslave the human race as surrogates in their hellish dimension. Sam immediately falls unconscious from a large blast erupting from the gateway.

Sam wakes years later only remembering pieces of his past and his dying daughter. Unable to find Jody, he enlists the help of a few survivors living in underground caverns unaware of the secret pact they hold with the Tenebrae. Sam plans to destroy the artifact but the survivors soon turn on him. When they reveal that Jody's life is what keeps the gateway open, Sam must choose between preserving the life of his daughter or saving mankind.

THE TENEBRAE is a science fiction thriller complete at 88,000 words.

Nice! I want to read this book! :smile:

#10 Michelle Perez

Michelle Perez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I am currently querying my novel titled Every.body, which is a YA Fantasy/Thriller and is the first novel in the series. I have the second novel completed.
    I am also querying my latest Thriller novel 'The Nobles'

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Update:

I have received one contract offer to publish from a small press (Cosmic Egg). I am still going over the contract and waiting for the response from another agent who requested the full manuscript.

That is so great! Congratulations  :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users