#1 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

This is an extremely thorough and comprehensive play-by-play on how to set-up an Author Facebook page by David Black Literary Agency's webmaster, Antonella Iannarino.

http://www.davidblac...s-facebook-page

We especially think it's crucial -- as pointed out by Iannarino -- to decide in-advance your marketing strategies and goals because it factors into how you plan to set-up an "Author Page" vs. an "Entertainment Page".

In other words, an "Author Page" helps brand yourself within the social media space while an "Entertainment Page" in order to brand your book and/or series.

#2 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for sharing! I had to set up both an author page and a page for my book. Publishers orders.
Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

#3 Paul Dillon

Paul Dillon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Debut novel published by Mark Williams international Digital Publishing July 2012

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

A timely post. I'm just about to set up a FaceBook page.

Thanks for sharing.

#4 Andrew Bowen

Andrew Bowen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Fiction and essays have been published in over a dozen venues. My agent is currently shopping my memoir to publishers. I have a collection of published short stories titled "The Mouths of Babes" and other work available on my website.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Time to revamp the ol' Facebook page. Thanks!
Andrew Bowen
www.andrewbowen.info

#5 Paul Dillon

Paul Dillon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Debut novel published by Mark Williams international Digital Publishing July 2012

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

OK, 3 more FaceBook "Likes" and I get some bonuses - one way ticket to the Greek Islands? $1 off Tropicana Orange Juice?

Can't wait.

<shameless plug for more likes>
http://www.facebook....aulDillonAuthor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users