#1 joshlisec

joshlisec

Writer of the Epic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:I am a freelance writer, ghostwriter, and editor. In addition, I have written three nonfiction books for a publishing client. Other freelance experience has included literature study guides for Bookrags Inc., press releases, industry reports, resumes, and online marketing projects.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Greetings all!

I would like to thank the members of this forum for providing me with feedback on the query letter I posted some months ago for my international adventure-thriller, THE PHOENIX CONSPIRACY. Over the past month, I have been in talks with DonnaInk Publications, an emerging publishing company just outside Washington, D.C. As of a couple of weeks ago, I am both agented and contracted through them. Check out the first press release here: http://www.prlog.org...hua-lisec.html. Details on the release date are coming soon!

Below is the query that landed the contract:

Greetings Ms. Agent,

I am seeking representation for my 156,204-word thriller novel THE PHOENIX CONSPIRACY. I have chosen to submit to you because of your interest in adult fiction projects.

Max Meyers can't make the grade. He can't get the girl. And he can't be the jock. The only thing going for him is his father's status as hotshot politician. But when Max finds his house engulfed in flames and his dad with a bullet hole in his head, the ruling of suicide sucks worse than the Calc exam he failed last week.

Suicide? No flippin’ way! No matter what the FBI says, popular Virginia senators like Max’s father don’t commit suicide. Not if he knew anything about his dad. Max believes the theft of his great-grandfather’s letters, sent from the carnage of World War II—and which had been safe in his dad's fireproof vault—might just be the clue he needs to prove it. And when an interview with a member of his great-grandfather’s old platoon ends in a sniper’s bullet, Max knows he’s right. Following the trail to Germany, Max stumbles upon a conspiracy years in the making. A conspiracy spawned in blood, ruled by death’s-head honor, and intended to resurrect the spiritual foundation of history’s most wicked empire. As Max forsakes the carelessness of campus life to man up, he becomes the number-one target of a powerful religious order that went into hiding during the final days of Nazi Germany. To keep the promise of justice made to his dead father, Max must prevent the conspirators from unleashing an unprecedented assault on two organizations he has never even heard of—the European Council and the Holy See.

Max’s adolescent character is designed to draw younger adults into his terribly wonderful adventure through a relatable perspective. Two and a half years as a public library assistant has given me firsthand experience with my audience, readers of both young adult and thriller novels.

I am a freelance writer and editor based in Dayton, Ohio. Highlights have included three ghostwritten nonfiction books for Civpoint Publishing and four literature study manuals for Bookrags, Inc. Thank you very much for your consideration!

Cordially,

Joshua C. Lisec

#2 Caterina

Caterina

Zombie Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published my first book, Zombie Whisperer.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

WOOHOO! Congrats! :biggrin:

#3 stokes

stokes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:WHERE THE STAIRCASE ENDS will publish with Month9Books Spring 2015.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Congrats! That's exciting news!

Look for my debut novel WHERE THE STAIRCASE ENDS Spring 2015 (Month9Books)

Check out my blog ~ Thinking to Inking

Follow me on Twitter ~ @stacyastokes

Thank you!

#4 hspinelli

hspinelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Newsletter for Dialysis Comapany
    Published on Amazon.com "The Pretenders"

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

CONGRATS!!!! :smile:

#5 M. Arthur Stone

M. Arthur Stone

Aspiring for Ignorance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Officially on submission with first book as of May 15, 2013!
    Doing 2nd round of edits on 2nd book.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Way to go!
"I have never thought of myself as a good writer. Anyone who wants reassurance of that should read one of my first drafts. But I'm one of the world's great rewriters." - James A. Michener

#6 Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:"Penumbra", an online magazine will publish one of my short stories in their Hithcock themed October issue, called "The Little Man Who Wasn't There."

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Congrats!

#7 M.B. Campbell

M.B. Campbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first novel "The Tenebrae" is currently under a contract offer.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

Congrats!

#8 Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:"Penumbra", an online magazine will publish one of my short stories in their Hithcock themed October issue, called "The Little Man Who Wasn't There."

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Congratulations! I remember reading that query letter. Glad to see that you are one your way to getting those royality checks.

#9 lynnegassel

lynnegassel

Lynne Gassel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:None at this time

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Congrats!!!! Your book sounds compelling. I look forward to seeing it in print.

#10 IMShaw

IMShaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

I can definitely see why this got a publisher - what a story!

#11 Yvette

Yvette

Chocoholic-in-Residence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Oh, I saw this! Congratulations!

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” --Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users