Disclaimer

Photo

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!...or at least say Boo!

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 MzBuzz

MzBuzz

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:I freelance as a formatter for a local small publisher and anyone else that would like to hire me. I also perform technical editing, transcription, etc.

I have one novel in final draft form and it's sequel in progress. I also have a mystery novel forming. Plus ideas for a thousand more...

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

I wish you the best of luck as I am in the same boat. I have a healthcare background with a strong interest in the paranormal areas. I have done a lot of research into the occult/paranormal/metaphysical areas and find it to be a fascinating spiritual path. I have also done some research on world religions that I also have found quite interesting.

I have found in my attempts at writing that the endings just happen. Not sure what that means but it does make life interesting. :biggrin:

Better and better! I'm always up for interesting. My endings always occur further down teh merry path than the story warrants.

#22 Letitia

Letitia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:University of Georgia Infusion Magazine Volume 7 Issue 1 Fall 2009 & Volume 7 Issue 2, toonaripost.com, Stillpoint Magazine 2012; The Black Parade (Amazon)

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hiya! I'm Letitia, but I prefer to be called Kyo. I've been a long time lurker here but I'm coming up on the finishing point of my novel and wanted to get my feet wet and meet other people in the Paranormal/Supernatural genre. I've been writing fanfiction for over a decade, but I've only been writing original fiction for two years. I'm unagented and unpublished but hoping to change that within the next couple years.

My novel is called The Black Parade. At this current moment, it is 97,000+ words and 26 Chapters long. I've been writing it since Summer 2010. It is now in the final editing phase and I am both happy and terrified of looking for literary agents to help me get it published. I look forward to talking with you all. ^-^

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."

-Ray Bradbury

Like sarcasm? Then you'll love me. Probably. I write urban fantasy. Here's my Twitter, Blog, Tumblr, Goodreads, and Facebook page.

Think I might not be a sucky writer? Scoop up a copy of The Black Parade

#23 MzBuzz

MzBuzz

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:I freelance as a formatter for a local small publisher and anyone else that would like to hire me. I also perform technical editing, transcription, etc.

I have one novel in final draft form and it's sequel in progress. I also have a mystery novel forming. Plus ideas for a thousand more...

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Hiya! I'm Letitia, but I prefer to be called Kyo. I look forward to talking with you all. ^-^

Welcome! Put on your water shoes and play with the rest of us. It can be rocky and slippery in here, but we all help each other get to the other side no matter how many times we fall.

#24 Darke

Darke

~Official AQC Cookie Provider~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I've had several short stories published with online magazines within the last two years. Currently, I am self-publishing my paranormal series. See my blog for more details.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

Welcome! :smile:

~I am neither an author nor a writer; I am a storyteller with good grammar.~

darkes_cover_4_sparkletn.jpg Book2TN.jpg darkescovenwtTN.jpg

demonthumbnail.jpg

#25 Letitia

Letitia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:University of Georgia Infusion Magazine Volume 7 Issue 1 Fall 2009 & Volume 7 Issue 2, toonaripost.com, Stillpoint Magazine 2012; The Black Parade (Amazon)

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Welcome! Put on your water shoes and play with the rest of us. It can be rocky and slippery in here, but we all help each other get to the other side no matter how many times we fall.

Thanks for the kind welcome! *straps on her water shoes*

-Ray Bradbury

Like sarcasm? Then you'll love me. Probably. I write urban fantasy. Here's my Twitter, Blog, Tumblr, Goodreads, and Facebook page.

#26 Letitia

Letitia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Welcome! :smile:

Thanks! :D

-Ray Bradbury

#27 PLGreen

PLGreen

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have been published once before in the Quiet Time Report.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

Welcome Letitia, I look forward to chatting with you and all of the folks that I have seen here. I have discovered that there are some great folks to learn from here and I enjoy learning. Thanks.
P. L. Green

#28 Stacey2011

Stacey2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

Hi there, I'm Stacey and I'm stuck well and truly in the paranormal world. I've been submitting my first novel Remnant, a 91,000 Urban Fantasy/Paranormal novel, and I've wet my feet a little in the (hopeful) sequel. But right now I'm mixing it up in a new project, Awaken, which predictably enough is another foray into the paranormal :biggrin: What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good supernatural story!

I really look forward to getting to know everyone around here, you all seem like an awesome bunch!

#29 PLGreen

PLGreen

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have been published once before in the Quiet Time Report.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hi there, I'm Stacey and I'm stuck well and truly in the paranormal world. I've been submitting my first novel Remnant, a 91,000 Urban Fantasy/Paranormal novel, and I've wet my feet a little in the (hopeful) sequel. But right now I'm mixing it up in a new project, Awaken, which predictably enough is another foray into the paranormal :biggrin: What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good supernatural story!

I really look forward to getting to know everyone around here, you all seem like an awesome bunch!

Hi Stacey and welcome. Nice to meet you.
P. L. Green

#30 DianaR

DianaR

There Be Monsters Here

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Nothing published yet.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

Boo! I was one of the first members of this group back on the old site when it was started by Renee Otis. I hate to admit it, but I kind of forgot about the Paranormal group once AQ got to the new site. Sorry. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Diana Robicheaux. I write urban fantasy with lots of blood and gore. I love ghost stories and all things creepy. I'm also an artist and I live in a house filled with dragons, gargoyles, fairies and monsters (all art pieces, of course). So if you need help with monsters and mythology, I'm a pretty good resource. Currently I am juggling preparations for the Dragon Con art show and trying to finish my current MS so I can query it.

"I Love the Fright Life!"

#31 squirrelsohno

squirrelsohno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hi guys! I'm Megan and what I write has been called paranormal or supernatural or urban fantasy or science fiction or crazy something else entirely depending on the reader. My current MS is a potential trilogy, but it's a different take on angels and demons where they're not the creatures of religious folklore (but they inspired it) and instead extradimensional beings preying on the Earth in a war of superiority. Or something like that, it's hard to describe. Maybe they're not really angels and demons at all. Maybe they're actually aliens. That's for the reader to decide. But I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

#32 Ner0

Ner0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys, I am Nero. I love the horror fiction genre, and it is what I prefer to write in - though I also do some sci-fi and fantasy. I haven't done any long fiction, I am currently work on 2 novellas/novelettes - one based around a lake and mysterious connects between the MC and the lake and another weird fiction that is in the planning stages (which isn't long because I honestly don't plan) about Cowboys and Zombies.

#33 BTKing

BTKing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Nothing published other than 1 poem, several years ago (& I think that may have been a vanity publisher, although it didn't cost me anything).

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hello all. A brief intro: My name is Brett (T. King) and I am currently about 1/3 into my first novel ms, which turns out to be horror. Revisiting my fiction reading roots, I suppose. I am just about to turn the corner into actual, focused/dedicated writing and hope the result is as good as the beginning (at least my beta readers think it's wonderfully creepy!). Even considering the writing 'odometer' idea. I do love the freedom of my current writing method (no pressure, deadlines etc) but have realized I can easily accomplish twice as much as I regularly do lol. Hoping for some interesting discussions actually related to the writing (of horror and in general) here. In short... Hiya! I'm probably at least as demented as many of you, and maybe more, so we should get along just fine. :tongue:

#34 Guest_Alaska Rose_*

Guest_Alaska Rose_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

So...how should I start this?

Um, hi. Never good at introductions. Amazingly swell at awkward moments.ugh. Anyways. I'm Alaska, which is far more interesting than the real thing. And less common. (meaning my real name)

I've always been intrigued by the paranormal/supernatural. If it's out of the ordinary, then I'm on it like white on rice. bad cliche. bad humor. I'm not striking any funny cords today.

It's mostly all I'll read. Or all I'll be interested in. Which is why I'm currently editing a YA novel on half-demons, creature of the night slayers, and other things related.

so, yep. That's me. Dull. Boring. Able to ramble on about the most absurdly random and uninteresting things. GAH. Today is not a good day.

I have to admit I am excited to join in the discussions in this group. Seems like so much fun! I'll be "seeing" you.

#35 E.F. Jace

E.F. Jace

Official Writer of Sick Puppy Literature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Does that article I wrote for my elementary school newspaper count? No? I got a certificate. Still no? Well...shucks.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

Hiya! Erm, I'm E.F. Jace, I'd rather you called me Jace than E.F., the latter just sounds weird to me lol.

Anywho, I actually don't write urban fantasy OR paranormal. What then, you may say, am I doing here? I write Fantasy/Horror and it's proven to be increasingly difficult to find anyone that actually wants to read it. It's not the fantasy that turns them away, but the horror. I've been labeled a 'sick puppy' but only two people have actually read the first chapter lol!

So, I suppose I'm just hoping I could meet persons with perhaps a stronger stomach? Hard to get opinions on a book if you're scaring everyone away :wink: . Oddly enough I didn't intend to write a horror, it just sort of happened. Looking forward to meeting new peeps and learning hearing new opinions on things :)
The opinions in this post are that of the writer and do not represent what the rest of the mind has to say on the matter.

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." -Edgar Allen Poe

My Blog . .Twitter! .

#36 Guest_Alaska M. Rose_*

Guest_Alaska M. Rose_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

Hiya! Erm, I'm E.F. Jace, I'd rather you called me Jace than E.F., the latter just sounds weird to me lol.

Anywho, I actually don't write urban fantasy OR paranormal. What then, you may say, am I doing here? I write Fantasy/Horror and it's proven to be increasingly difficult to find anyone that actually wants to read it. It's not the fantasy that turns them away, but the horror. I've been labeled a 'sick puppy' but only two people have actually read the first chapter lol!

So, I suppose I'm just hoping I could meet persons with perhaps a stronger stomach? Hard to get opinions on a book if you're scaring everyone away :wink: . Oddly enough I didn't intend to write a horror, it just sort of happened. Looking forward to meeting new peeps and learning hearing new opinions on things :)

Hi Jace,

Glad to know you're willing to push the limits, even when others can't handle it. You're not alone with the whole 'sick puppy' thing. I myself have been known to be a little twisted.

I'm curious as to what you have, turning people away within only the first chapter. Quite some feat there.

Same here, I didn't intend to include an incubus demon in my YA coming of age story, but well...what can I say? It didn't feel right to not have something dark and sinister lurking in between the lines of my MS.

#37 E.F. Jace

E.F. Jace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Does that article I wrote for my elementary school newspaper count? No? I got a certificate. Still no? Well...shucks.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hi Jace,

Glad to know you're willing to push the limits, even when others can't handle it. You're not alone with the whole 'sick puppy' thing. I myself have been known to be a little twisted.

I'm curious as to what you have, turning people away within only the first chapter. Quite some feat there.

Same here, I didn't intend to include an incubus demon in my YA coming of age story, but well...what can I say? It didn't feel right to not have something dark and sinister lurking in between the lines of my MS.

Don't you just love it when your characters and story takes on a mind of its own? You're just clicking away tra-la-la and your muse decides it's a good idea to destroy that town. And I don't know about you, but I can't say no to the muse or I get writer's block as punishment :laugh:
The opinions in this post are that of the writer and do not represent what the rest of the mind has to say on the matter.

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." -Edgar Allen Poe

My Blog . .Twitter! .

#38 Countrymouse

Countrymouse

Literary mouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:None––as of yet. Fingers crossed that that will change.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

Welcome Jace,

I write paranormal, not horror, but LOVE reading horror. So if you need a reader, I have a pretty strong stomach :) and a good eye for editing. Reading horror (and I suppose some mystery too) started my love affair with writing many moons ago. . . so wear that "sick puppy" label (merit badge) with pride and scare away :)

Cheers,
Sue

Conventional opinion is the ruin of our Souls. ~Rumi~

#39 E.F. Jace

E.F. Jace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Welcome Jace,

I write paranormal, not horror, but LOVE reading horror. So if you need a reader, I have a pretty strong stomach :) and a good eye for editing. Reading horror (and I suppose some mystery too) started my love affair with writing many moons ago. . . so wear that "sick puppy" label (merit badge) with pride and scare away :)

Cheers,
Sue

I sure do! That's why I changed my member title lol! Hmm, mayhaps you will find a message in your message center :wink:

My Blog . .Twitter! .

#40 Guest_Alaska M. Rose_*

Guest_Alaska M. Rose_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

Don't you just love it when your characters and story takes on a mind of its own? You're just clicking away tra-la-la and your muse decides it's a good idea to destroy that town. And I don't know about you, but I can't say no to the muse or I get writer's block as punishment :laugh:

haha yes. exactly. Which kind of makes it almost pointless for me to start with an outline before I begin writing. It's sort of this journey you get to take. I think the story feels more real that way, because you're experiencing it in the same light as the characters. Yes, listening is good, except as you lay in bed, trying to get an ounce of sleep, but your muse won't shut up. :humph:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users