r louis scott

Newbie. That's right, Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Well, a perfect opportunity for me to crow about one of my recent reads, "Clara and Mr. Tiffany" by Susan Vreeland.

At first I thought that it would be a chore for me personally. I was reading it because Ms. Vreeland had graciously accepted an invitation to speak at the HNS conference and I thought it would be good manners on my part to be able to converse with her about it should the opportunity arise. Five pages in I was hooked by the sense of time and place and intrigued by Clara. Fifty pages in I was absorbed into her world where slivers of glass are transformed into windows that are nothing short of works of art. It was a very difficult book to leave unattended for long as the relationships unfold and the world of the time is revealed. I would recommend it highly, five stars.

#2 r louis scott

r louis scott

Newbie. That's right, Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Now before anyone thinks that I am a terrible reviewer, I want you all to know that I originally posted this elsewhere. Someone was spamming us (AQC) about "affordable Tiffany jewelry" and I thought this would be a rather tongue in cheek way to respond to the spammer. How it ended up here I haven't a clue. If anyone is really interested I will do a real review of this book if my heartfelt five star rating isn't enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users