3 replies to this topic

#1 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,035 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

Ralph Vicinanza of the self-named agency passed away over the weekend. If he was on your "to query" list, you can take him off.

AQ listing: http://www.agentquer...spx?agentid=323

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, in November.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Whoa, he had been major agent. Used to rep Stephen King among other well known horror writers.

#3 ciano

ciano

Micro-Publisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:Partner, Newcastlewest Books

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

Very sudden, from what I read, and still relatively young. And so soon after literary agent Elaine Koster passed.

#4 Brendacarre

Brendacarre

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, in-between agents, industry insider
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I write fantasy, urban fantasy, young adult and romance fiction. I also write short fiction in a variety of genres. I have published short fiction, most recently in the August 2010 issue of the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. For more information go to: www.brendacarre.com/

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:03 AM

Ralph Vicinanza of the self-named agency passed away over the weekend. If he was on your "to query" list, you can take him off.

AQ listing: http://www.agentquer...spx?agentid=323

Yes, very sad and very sudden :sad: . He will be missed in the industry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users