sbelliston

Word Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

My book club gets my MS next month and I finished the last read-through before I give it to them. Going to start the query while it sits and hopefully be a little objective when the results come back in in December. Exciting nonetheless. I love my MS right now and am excited to give it out to people. Have a great bunch of girls that will not be afraid to tell me exactly what they think.
Check out my website - Sarah Belliston

#2 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,125 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Awesome! I hope you get great feedback. You are so brave sharing it with your book club. My book clubs don't even know I write! :tongue:

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#3 Cat Woods

Cat Woods

Juvenile Junky and Clairvoyant Ninja

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:As Cat Woods: adult short stories in SPRING FEVERS, THE FALL and SUMMER'S EDGE (June 2013). 2014 MG novel ABIGAIL BINDLE AND THE SLAM BOOK SCAM.

As A.T.O'Connor: short stories in THE FALL and SUMMER'S EDGE. Fall 2013 YA novel WHISPERING MINDS.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Good luck! It's exciting to share your words with others. Enjoy the process.

Cat Woods
Juvenile Junction Group Moderator

Words from the Woods~ Blog for Cat Woods
From the Write Angle~ Group Blog

Whispering Minds~ Blog for A.T. O'Connor

SpringFeversthumb.jpg   thefall_front_cover.jpg

#4 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

I've got binders all over my office filled with great commentary. My book club showed me where scenes were still ambiguous (to them) and has inspired some good rewriting. I'm writing in the mystery/crime genre, but what's growing under my fingers now feels like a capital N Novel.

Best of luck. This takes some courage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users