11 replies to this topic

#1 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,035 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Jonathan Lyons will join Folio Literary Management as executive director of subsidiary rights, and will also serve as the agency’s legal counsel on select issues, including contract, copyright, and estate law. He has been running his own agency and law practice. Molly Jaffa has been promoted to director of international rights, and will continue to develop her client list.

From today's Publisher's Lunch email.

The real news in this snippet is that Molly Jaffa is developing her list. That means she is actively seeking people to sign. (hint, hint.)

Feel free to include info on Molly here such as her genre interests, etc.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#2 Cheryl B. Dale

Cheryl B. Dale

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Category, ebooks, mystery

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

From today's Publisher's Lunch email.

The real news in this snippet is that Molly Jaffa is developing her list. That means she is actively seeking people to sign. (hint, hint.)

Feel free to include info on Molly here such as her genre interests, etc.

Thanks, JeanO! You do such a good job of keeping us up with changing agents!

#3 Tom Bradley

Tom Bradley

A big old goober.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My indie novels THE KONA SHUFFLE and THE HILO HUSTLE are available at Amazon.com and on B&N.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

According to Query Tracker, her interests are YA and MG and, in nonfiction, "women's issues."
Clients includeLana Krumwiede and Kristen Lippert-Martin.

#4 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,035 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks Tom.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#5 macdizzledoo

macdizzledoo

A Little YA Goes A Long Way

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Bridger (Bridger, #1) - YA UF - Soul Fire Press, Amazon
    Traitor (Bridger, #2) - YA UF - Amazon
    Forbidden (The Guardian Chronicles, #1) - YA UF - Amazon

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Shot her my query...still waiting to hear. No news is good news, I suppose... :)
Bridger (Bridger, #1) - YA UF - Get Your Copy!
Traitor (Bridger, #2) - YA UF - Get Your Copy!
Forbidden (The Guardian Chronicles, #1) - YA UF - Get Your Copy!

www.megancurd.com

#6 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

To send or not to send....that is the question...
Shadow's Dawn (EF) -- Querying/ Editing

Morning Darkness (EF) -- WIP

Evening Light and untitled fourth book (EF) -- Outlining/Planning

#7 Whimsical_Werecat

Whimsical_Werecat

The Prowler of Prose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Award-winning short story, FINAL FLIGHT, published by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling series), recently published into eBook format by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling Series), set for its first print run via Lightning Source, in early 2014!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

To send or not to send....that is the question...

Hey, if you feel your query is ready to send, and that Molly sounds like a good match - send away I say! :biggrin:

#8 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey, if you feel your query is ready to send, and that Molly sounds like a good match - send away I say! :biggrin:

That's the problem, I don't know if she's a good match, because I don't know if she like fantasy. Otherwise, I would have already sent in.

#9 Whimsical_Werecat

Whimsical_Werecat

The Prowler of Prose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Publishing Experience:Award-winning short story, FINAL FLIGHT, published by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling series), recently published into eBook format by Starsea Press via Smashwords.

KIN SEEKER (Book One in the Dragon Calling Series), set for its first print run via Lightning Source, in early 2014!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

After reading her profile, it sounds as though fantasy is one of the genres she's looking for. She's just not into paranormal 'creature' elements (werewolves, sirens, mermaids, faries etc). So if your story is free of those things, then I say go for it! :wink:

#10 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Oh, not a vampire, werewolf, mermaid, whatever in sight. ONLY DRAGONS. On another world. I hope that counts as Fantasy and not Paranromal :huh:

#11 Anya Harker

Anya Harker

Where are we going... and why are we in this handbasket?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Several short stories to be published by Crimson Melodies in 2012.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

The worry, at least for me, is finding someone you think is an amazing match... and then blowing your chance because it wasn't completely perfect! *gulp!!!*
AVALON RISING | YA Fantasy: 78k | Querying with Subs Out
HAUNTED LEGACY | YA Fantasy | WIP

Site: www.anyaharker.com
Blog: Blog of Anya Harker {New blog on 12 July!}
Twitter: AnyaHarker

#12 Whimsical_Werecat

Whimsical_Werecat

The Prowler of Prose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Oh, not a vampire, werewolf, mermaid, whatever in sight. ONLY DRAGONS. On another world. I hope that counts as Fantasy and not Paranromal

Dragons are definitely in the fantasy genre. In fact, having your story on another world basically makes your genre fantasy, with or without dragons (unless of course your 'other world' had aliens and ultra tech elements - which would then make it Sci-fi). :wink:

The worry, at least for me, is finding someone you think is an amazing match... and then blowing your chance because it wasn't completely perfect! *gulp!!!*

I know exactly what you mean! I guess that's why you do your best to make sure everything is top notch first, before sending it out. I learned that the hard way. *sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users