#1 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:NOT A DROP TO DRINK is a post-apocalyptic survival tale set in a world where freshwater is almost nonexistent. Available now from Katherine Tegen / Harper Collins.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Get the blog set for the rest of the week. Write up a book review. A chapter or two on the revision.

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg

#2 Robin Breyer

Robin Breyer

Timelord & Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Smashwords, Kindle Direct Publishing, Createspace

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Editing and polishing Chapter 2.

I'm going to have to make at least 2 passes on this damned MS. I'm hoping later chapters are in better shape than this first one. Yikes. I was only messing with this a year ago and I can't believe how much I'm finding to fix. Though to be fair, all my editing passes since two beta readers gave me some very critical feedback on my MC back in 2005 have been focused on fixing the character and flow of the story and not the prose itself. This may be the first time since 2005 that I've seriously read beyond my MC and my writing output has more than tripled since then. I have hope - the short story (which I included in Edge of Hyperspace) I wrote between chapters 3 and 4 of this MS required very little editing.

Website, Blog

Writing as Scott Seldon:
Website, Blog, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and iTunes

Writing as Robert Courtland:

#3 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,124 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Going to aim for 30 minutes minimum per day for the next five days again. (With hopes of hitting 45-60 minutes.)

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#4 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES to be published by Albury Books November 1, 2013.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I finished my 5th critique for Author Salon, so that'll free me up to concentrate solely on the second draft of my WIP. I hope to add another chapter over the next two days.

#5 Robin Breyer

Robin Breyer

Timelord & Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Since we are going to be down, I'll just put up my general goals for this week. I want to get a minimum of 1/2 a chapter edited per day. I'd prefer a whole chapter, but that takes time. I may start writing my next WIP, but I'm in no rush on that yet.

Website, Blog

Writing as Scott Seldon:

#6 K McClelland

K McClelland

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:I've had some poetry published in various poetry books, newspapers, and some online things-I don't remember the specifics though. No novel published, yet. Oh yeah-I have had some articles published in various newspapers as well, but-like the poetry- it's been a while...

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

I had an editor friend read through my MS a few months back, prior to the rewrite/revision. She just sent me a message this morning asking if I would let her read my revised MS. Since I've yet to finish, I have to get that done. Not to mention the critiques I'm behind in...very busy week, but hopefully I will be able to get it all done quickly. My new WIPs are begging for some attention.
"I don't write. My characters do."

"A good Storyteller is born from imagination; A good Writer is born from passion; A good Author is born from both."

Check out my blog

My Twitter

#7 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES to be published by Albury Books November 1, 2013.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

I completed two chapters today. I have three more to edit; although, I hope to add another chapter or two since I'm about 12,000 words short of my 70K word goal. Either way, my plan for the rest of the week is to finish the second draft.

#8 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,124 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Going to aim for 30 minutes minimum per day for the next five days again. (With hopes of hitting 45-60 minutes.)

And... check. (For today.)

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter *From The Write Angle

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg

FREE!               $2.99         NEW Release!

#9 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

OCD for the Good of Mankind

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:STITCHING SNOW will be published by Hyperion on October 14, 2014.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

And... check. (For today.)

I hate it when you people meet your goals before I even get to touch my laptop. :tongue: (Stupid day job ... and time zone two hours behind some of you ...)
Stitching+Snow+Cover+Final+SMALL.jpg 
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

#10 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:NOT A DROP TO DRINK is a post-apocalyptic survival tale set in a world where freshwater is almost nonexistent. Available now from Katherine Tegen / Harper Collins.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ditto on the checkmarkPosted Image

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg

#11 Robin Breyer

Robin Breyer

Timelord & Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

I made it all the way through chapter 2. About halfway through I started finding fewer errors.

Tomorrow, Chapter 3 and so on after that.

Website, Blog

Writing as Scott Seldon:

#12 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC, and publisher of Spring Fevers, an anthology of short stories, 2012, which includes sixteen stories by ten AQC writers, and The Fall, a collection of tales from the apocalypse. Ironically, The Fall was delayed by the apocalyptic Hurricane Sandy. Published Summer's Edge and Summer's Double Edge in July 2013 and Winter's Regret in January 2014. Our first novel, Whispering Minds by A.T. O'Connor, was published in November 2013, and our second, Battery Brothers, in time for baseball's opening day, 2014.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Wrote about 300 words. Love this story!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users