Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

Michelle Witte joins Mansion Street Lit. Mgmt.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

OCD for the Good of Mankind

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:STITCHING SNOW, Hyperion, 2014

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Freelance editor Michelle Witte is now an agent repping MG and YA.

http://mansionstreet...ient-and-agent/
Snow-Small.jpg 
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

#2 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

*kicks pebble and pouts*

Damn it, Game of Thrones, I would have thought you could have made things easier for me!
Shadow's Dawn (EF) -- Querying/ Editing

Morning Darkness (EF) -- WIP

Evening Light and untitled fourth book (EF) -- Outlining/Planning

#3 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,153 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Was just going to post this from the agency's site and see RC beat me on the announcement! (Go, RC!)

Agency Announcement: Michelle Witte, Client and Agent!

Monday April 30th, 2012

Mansion Street Literary Management is thrilled to announce that Michelle Witte has joined the agency. Michelle will be primarily representing Young Adult and Middle Grade works.

As a new literary agent, Michelle Witte brings with her a wealth of experience, not only with juvenile fiction, but with the publishing industry as a whole. Over the past seven years, she has worked in a variety of positions that encapsulate the various stages of a book’s publication, from the idea and writing stages, to editing, design and production, bookselling and publicity.
Michelle began her career as a journalist, first reporting and then later copy editing for the Deseret Morning News in Salt Lake City, Utah, the second largest paper in the state. From there, she transitioned with her editing skills to nonfiction publisher Gibbs Smith, where she oversaw creation, editing, and production of more than thirty titles, including children’s activity, humor, gift, cookbooks, and a smattering of other topics from blacksmithing to green living.
In her spare time she writes on a variety of topics and genres, though her great love is young adult fiction. Her first book, The Craptastic Guide to Pseudo-Swearing, will hit stores on June 26, 2012.
As a literary agent, she will utilize her knowledge of publishing and books to benefit authors both established and new. With her background in editing, she has a keen eye for quality prose and storytelling. But it is her overall experience as a reader, writer, editor, and bookseller that guides her as she searches for enthralling new writers and manuscripts.
Mansion Street Literary Agency was founded by Jean Sagendorph, a 20 year veteran of the entertainment and licensing industry. Mansion Street represents brands, charities, designers, cookbooks, humor, children’s, and with the addition of Michelle Witte, middle grade and young adult books. For more information, please visit mansionstreet.com.
Michelle’s contact information:
Trade: michelle@mansionstreet.com
Prospective Authors: querymichelle@mansionstreet.com

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

Check it out! I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

#4 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

You can also find out more specifically at Michelle's website:

http://michellewittebooks.com/agent/

She did a blog post today expanding on her statement that she's "weary of paranormal romance and dystopian."
Snow-Small.jpg 
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

#5 Anya Harker

Anya Harker

Where are we going... and why are we in this handbasket?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Several short stories to be published by Crimson Melodies in 2012.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Oh fantastic! *queries!*

I love this influx of agents who are looking for retellings since that's what I utterly love to write!
AVALON RISING | YA Fantasy: 78k | Querying with Subs Out
HAUNTED LEGACY | YA Fantasy | WIP

Site: www.anyaharker.com
Blog: Blog of Anya Harker {New blog on 12 July!}
Twitter: AnyaHarker

#6 KrystenH

KrystenH

Lady of the Dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hm, I wonder if this means I can query her...

Hey, mine isn't a PNR (so using that now) or dystopia! DO I EVEN HAVE A SMALL CHANCE???
Shadow's Dawn (EF) -- Querying/ Editing

Morning Darkness (EF) -- WIP

Evening Light and untitled fourth book (EF) -- Outlining/Planning

#7 Stephanie Diaz

Stephanie Diaz

The Girl Who Waited

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Pub intern. EXTRACTION, the first book in my YA sci-fi trilogy, will be out July 22, 2014 from St. Martin's Griffin.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for posting this! She requested a full from me a couple minutes ago. :)

EXTRACTION_FINAL_COVER.jpg

Extraction

St. Martin's Griffin

July 22, 2014

#8 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

• Super Moderator
  • 9,153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Indie publishing romance, magazine articles, etc., as well as traditionally published short stories.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Good luck Stephanie!!Woot woot!

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):

ChampagneLemonDrops_20K1-e1363631144721.   Whiskey78k-e1383796585580.jpg   Rum-e1397057240802.jpg   loveandrumors579K-e1409935457105.jpg   loveanddreams1dot9MG-e1409935497302.jpg   HotSummerLove-e1409935103103.jpg

FREE!               $2.99             $2.99               $2.99            $2.99   * $0.99 SEPTEMBER ONLY! *

#9 Lanette Kauten

Lanette Kauten

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:HOUSE OF THISTLES to be published by Albury Books November 1, 2013.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

Congrats, Stephanie! Keep us posted.

#10 Lora Palmer

Lora Palmer

Defying Gravity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have a short paranormal story, "Unfinished," published on Samantha Mabry's site, Flash Paranormal Fiction.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Congrats and good luck, Stephanie!

-adds to to-query list-
A Writer in Bloom blog: lorarpfictionblog.blogspot.com

#11 Anya Harker

Anya Harker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Several short stories to be published by Crimson Melodies in 2012.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

*squee* She got back to me with a partial request today. :^) *excited*

#12 Mia K Rose

Mia K Rose

Lost in the Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Great news Anya. Good luck with it, and hope it upgrades to a full :)
Follow me on twitter.
Take a look at my blog.

#13 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

• Super Moderator
  • 9,153 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

You're on fire, girl! We're going to be hearing some good news from you soon! Can't wait! WAHOO!

#14 Anya Harker

Anya Harker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

You're on fire, girl! We're going to be hearing some good news from you soon! Can't wait! WAHOO!

<3<3<3!! Thanks, Jean! Here's hoping. That'd be the icing on the cake for this month. Graduate law school, get an offer of representation from an agent.

#15 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

• Super Moderator
  • 9,153 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Well gee, if you get an offer... Are you going to have to decide whether to become a lawyer or a writer? (Kidding. We kind of need a day job, don't we?)

#16 Anya Harker

Anya Harker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Haha. Not so hard of a choice, actually. *g* I want to go into agenting eventually so that's the hopeful career path!

#17 Stephanie Diaz

Stephanie Diaz

The Girl Who Waited

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Pub intern. EXTRACTION, the first book in my YA sci-fi trilogy, will be out July 22, 2014 from St. Martin's Griffin.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Honestly, RC, I can't thank you enough. Michelle offered rep last week, and though I ended up declining, she is the absolute sweetest. All of you should query her, if you haven't already! :)

EXTRACTION_FINAL_COVER.jpg

Extraction

St. Martin's Griffin

July 22, 2014

#18 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,461 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

She sent us her agent profile information, so it should be noted that she's looking for specific genres--Adventure, Fantasy, Offbeat/Quirky/Western/Steampunk, Mystery, Historical, Science Fiction, Thrillers/Suspense--within the genres of young adult, middle grade, and children's books.

She also lists some specific interests on her wish list.

http://agentquery.co...px?agentid=1183

• She is focusing exclusively on children's, middle grade, young adult. Within those genres, she is looking for Adventure, Fantasy, Offbeat/Quirky, Western, Steampunk, Mystery, Historical, Science Fiction, Thrillers/Suspense
  • She would love to find something quirky, dark, or bizarre as well as something based on less-known mythology
  • She is also interested in finding something set in an alternate reality; also likes creep (but not gory) ghost stories
  • Also interested in something set in the West or Southwest
  • Would love to find something with the feel of kdramas.

#19 RC Lewis

RC Lewis

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

• Would love to find something with the feel of kdramas.

And if you follow her on Twitter, this should be no surprise.
Snow-Small.jpg 
Stitching Snow
October 2014
Hyperion

#20 Joey

Joey

Owner of an Evil Little Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Newspaper articles in hometown newspaper on medicine and specialty insurance topics. Stop by my blog where refreshing iced is served after swift, verbal punches are thrown.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the information! She sounds wonderful and also (big smile) accepts thrillers!

Visit my blog! www.joeyfrancisco.blogspot.com

JoeynGA on Twitter!

"Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."

~Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users