3 replies to this topic

#1 amyz

amyz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:I've had a few awards for essays here and there, and I've been recognized for a few newspaper articles and had a poem published in a local literary magazine. Hoping to lengthen this list....

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Does anyone know how long it usually takes an agent to get back to you on revisions after you sign? I sent mine to my agent about a month ago and haven't heard from her yet. I mean, she emailed me to say that she received it the day after, and we talk on Twitter, so I know she's not ignoring me. But I'd really like to talk a few things over with her sometime soonish, so we can go on subs...sometime soonish. Would it be too pushy if I emailed her to check up?

#2 Lori Sjoberg

Lori Sjoberg

Resident pain in the rear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:GRAVE INTENTIONS, a Grim Reaper paranormal romance, is now available from Kensington Publishing.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't see why it would be a problem to send her a short email, asking when to expect the revisions.

#3 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My novel, The Sister Queens (the story of 13th century sisters Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence who became the queens of France and England respectively) is now on shelves everywhere (and is also available on-line at Amazon, IndieBound, Books a Million, and Barnes and Noble).

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Did she give you any sort of time table going in? Depending on factors like her client load; what else she has going on at the moment; the volume of your revisions; the length of your manuscript; etc -- all things only you are in a position to know and we are not -- a month miight not be much time at all. Publishing is generally a slow process so be prepared for fits of activity divided by waits (sometimes significant ones).
Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

#4 sheluvspink

sheluvspink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

I'd love to get more responses on this. I'm in the same boat but has only been about 2 weeks. At a month I'd be pulling my hair our LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users